So tell me about this PBeM...

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: So tell me about this PBeM...

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:I think Tom has said he no longer has access to the files (or something).
I still have access to all the files ... just no longer have any time at all to work on them. The whole program was written in Delphi ... so I have no idea if that could be ported to an app. And while that sounds awesome and it would actually interest me to do it ... no revenue there for me as GW would definitely sue my ass the second they found out about it.

Tom

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

I will say that at this point ... I know I just will not have time to work on the PBeM tool. I LOVED working on it and improving it and getting it to be what it became ... but there are just not enough hours in the day for me anymore with what Impact! has become combined with the time commitments that 2 teen-age boys with activities create as well as being a board member of the American Hemerocallis Society of Indianapolis and volunteering my time helping the local Humane Society's foster program.

Which is the long way of saying ... if anyone wants the code for the program at this time to do something with it ... I'm open to letting them have it. I gave it to plasmoid a while back ... but his friends had problems with it so I'm not sure why or if it is resolvable ... but I have no issue letting someone else continue the work now if they would so desire.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Tom,
the file was corrupted, so it couldn't be worked on.
And AFAIK, you no longer had the original code, so a new un-corrupted file couldn't be created.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

plasmoid wrote:Hi Tom,
the file was corrupted, so it couldn't be worked on.
And AFAIK, you no longer had the original code, so a new un-corrupted file couldn't be created.
You never told me the file was corrupted ... at least not that I remember. You said there was an issue with compiling on your end but it was an error message that I thought could be resolved.

And I definitely have the original code ... I have the original code for every edition published of the game.

Tom

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Oh.
A case of serious miscommunication then.
Perhaps due to me not calling things the right thing (because I know squat about programming).

So you're saying you do have the source for the latest version of pbem, in a State that could be worked on?
That's definately a surprise to me.
But I think the ship has sailed (at least for my programmer friends). The site crash has stopped them from playing - so I think they've lost interest.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead