Blood Bowl 2? new logo

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Blood Bowl 2? new logo

Post by Sandwich »

Running on a Mac? May be interested... its one of the things that's kept me from playing BB:CE

Reason: ''
Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Well if it is CE, as it looks like, they clearly got it working on one.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Blood Bowl 2? new logo

Post by Shteve0 »

VoodooMike wrote:
Shteve0 wrote:I truly, genuinely, profoundly hope Cyanide collapse under the weight of their own arrogance.
You sure they're the ones being arrogant in this scenario?
Lol, sorry, just seen this :)

I think it's pretty arrogant to launch a sequel to a bug ridden game when you can't or won't dedicate any resources to patching up the issues with the original across three separate expansions. So... yes?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

Those pictures Dode, that is *most* definitely a new version of the game. The third picture shows a new pitch (light green with squares), plus has "Blood Bowl II" written on the side of the pitch, on both sides.

To me, that UI is exactly the same as the first three versions. Let's just hope they fixed the bugs and replaced the network connection crap they use.

2013 Challenge of Q'ermitt -- Best Team
2013 Lakeside Cup -- Best Team
2013 Chaos Cup -- Best Team
2014 Canadian Open -- Best Team
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

The bit that says "Blood Bowl II" appears on a pitch in CE. It's actually "II BLOOD BOWL II" and can be seen here: http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtop ... 495#p35495
The file for that can be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Blood Bowl Chaos Edition\Data\3d\Level\Level_01\Textures\Bloodbowl_D.dds and looks like this:

The green squares is just the movement grids turned on and a player activated. You can even see the GFI squares with the dice in at the edges of the selected player's movement range. You can even count the player's MA (which is 6) and see that the player is just behind and left of the LOS.

There is nothing new there.

Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

Ok, yeah, other than that, if it already exists, then it's nothing new at all.

There better be some damn good league management tools. :P

Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

Looking at the fourth picture, they have 'Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition' up on the big screen. I'm guessing it's just CE being played with BB2 fliers for advertising.

VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

Sandwich wrote:Running on a Mac? May be interested... its one of the things that's kept me from playing BB:CE
You can run windows on a Mac, you just need to install the OS and boot into it. The hardware isn't different anymore. I'd bet my left testicle the game isn't running natively on a mac OS in those pictures, though.
Shteve0 wrote:I think it's pretty arrogant to launch a sequel to a bug ridden game when you can't or won't dedicate any resources to patching up the issues with the original across three separate expansions. So... yes?
My point is simply that Cyanide's responsibility is simply to create a game that makes them as much money as possible despite giving a big chunk of it away to GW. The idea that they're somehow beholden to this particular community is pretty entitled of us. The existing BB product is not some massive success, its a niche product... for the massive A-list games there are often plenty of bugs still kicking around even by the time the developer stops putting time and energy into updates. One of the main differences being that A-list titles often have competent, dedicated communities that create their own fixes, and people rally around those. This particular community didn't rally around sweet f-all but pissing and moaning about what they wanted Cyanide/Focus to do, so community-based support of the game never materialized.

The product we have pretty much stands on its own two feet. It's not perfect, and its not as great as we'd like it to be... which makes it like any other commercial game. To declare we were wronged by it is self-indulgent. So is wishing death and failure on the people involved just because we weren't "wowed" by the outcome.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Blood Bowl 2? new logo

Post by Shteve0 »

Yeah, I didn't wish death on anyone. I accept that their primary concern is to make money. I accept that they owe nothing to this or any other community.

A buggy game was released that subsequent paid expansions made little effort to fix. Most companies rely on making money; the most successful companies try to exploit the market by delivering a quality product, not adopt short-termism and try milk all the goodwill out of it. "Good enough" is fine, for some people. Not for me. My game habits are brand loyal; every copy of Civ, every copy of FM, every console copy of MarioKart. BB I cut out on LE.

I don't imagine that the market for the BB PC game is growing; the less utility delivered in each (paid) update, the more people abandon the franchise. If someone's in that line of work and isn't interested in repeat business, it's not really in my interest as a gamer to see that philosophy succeed. So yeah, I hope they fail.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co