Using Fumbbl to test rosters

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Yo,
I just updated the bit of the help file that talks about modifying your teams yourself. This could be very useful for those who like to test tournament rosters, even if you can't be bothered with playing in Box/Ranked or don't have time for a League.

http://fumbbl.com/help:Test+mode

Enjoy!

Mike

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
snakees
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Using Fumbbl to test rosters

Post by snakees »

Wow that's great.

Is there a way to create teams with no limit of money, add any skills on them and save them. Theses team can only be played on private match (no rank, no league, no exp, etc.).

We play an IRL league but some people live a bit far away and it's sometimes hard to plan IRL meeting to play league match. If it was possible to create a team when and how we want, we could play occasionally our matches on fumbbl instead IRL. This should be awesome if we could do that.

Am I understandable ? Do you think it's possible or it's too hard to realize ?

I think a lot of people could use this for their IRL league when they don't have a possibility to make appointements or don't have time.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

You can't save it, but once you've done it a couple of times it's pretty quick. Good thought about using it for TT leagues - hadn't thought of that.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
snakees
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snakees »

But the fact is, if you can't reproduce the same team configuration (number of player, pop, reroll, etc)as in your real team, it can't be used to simulate a IRL match.

Will you consider that as a future dev, will it be hard to realize ?

Perhaps I should ask on FUMBBL forum if there is other people interested to have a IRL league match simulator.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Sorry, should have said yes you can reproduce the same team, just by giving yourself 2,000,000 in inducements and then buying stuff. But yes ideally a version when you can upload a team would be ideal. Long way off though I'm guessing!

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
snakees
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snakees »

sann0638 wrote:Sorry, should have said yes you can reproduce the same team, just by giving yourself 2,000,000 in inducements and then buying stuff. But yes ideally a version when you can upload a team would be ideal. Long way off though I'm guessing!
I didn't saw that command, sorry. When do you have to enter the command /option freeInducementCash 1000000 ? Because it didn't work for me. (I tried before joining the second team and after but nether way seems to work for me)

Ok there is still the popularity, cheerleader and assistant coach that can't be parameter.

I know this was not the purpose initaly but think of it when you have time. And a GUI to modify team and store it should be a real time sparing for IRL simulation. Because if it's a 1'800'000 team it will take 20 min to set it correctly (no time saving). The fact is if you enable the copy/paste in command line, we could write a script in a text file and then copy/paste it.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

It's before accepting the game with either team. Works for me! Yes, FF, CL and AC can't be added, you're right, that's one of the downsides. And I did look into copying and pasting, but you can't paste more than one line unfortunately.

NB I'm not the programmer, I just like writing helpfiles... ;)

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
snakees
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snakees »

Wow, I should realy spend more time to try it sorry.

But still without a GUI to modify freely any value of a team, add/remove players and store it, it can't be used for IRL league match simulation.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Well, it could, in that you can start with one of the rookie teams that is planned to exist with full positionals, then work from there. The only thing that would be missing is the FF/AC/CL. But it would be quite a lot of hassle. Lots easier for tournament teams as they only have a few skills and don't usually have much FF/AC/CL.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Pretty sure you can do what you want to do on cyanide, snakee

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

You can do it on Cyanide, but you can only play the matches on local hotseat or direct-IP, or against the AI(!).

snakees
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snakees »

dode74 wrote:You can do it on Cyanide, but you can only play the matches on local hotseat or direct-IP, or against the AI(!).
We are only 2 or 3 members playing on cyanide. And to be honest, I prefers FUMBBL by far.

Our league season is 25 matchs per person and only perhaps 2 or 3 games will be played on fumbbl the rest are in real life. And when we can't play it's because of travel duration or the impossibility to leave home for a game. In this case, if it take 30 min to set up team each time, this is not realy interesting. But again, I know it's not the initial purpose, I just make a suggestion of improvement.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Fair enough. FUMBBL is the far better representation anyway. If it's for TT-simulation purposes then Cyanide is not fit for purpose.

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

BOTOCS seems less hassle than pasting changes line by line.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Play-by-email.
You can set the rosters out however you like, and if you're both online at the same time (as you'd have to be for FUMBLL) play a full game in under 3 hours, at least once you know your way around the tool.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.