Blood Bowl 2, more info

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Re: Blood Bowl 2, more info

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Spubbbba,
I agree with you that the designs are overly knightly. I too would have preferred something less silly.

I see you pointing out that nothing interesting has been done with the looks by anyone. Well - they are a niche house rule team, so that's hardly a surprise. I quite liked my own team with 3rd ed human blitzers and linemen (as yeomen), and then thralls for linemen. Painting one yeoman to match each Blitzers personal heraldry is also a nice touch. Strictly IMO.
That said, I'm all for a human team with a feudal french look. In that regard I find them no different to a human team with boobs (amazon) or a human team with beards (norse). I mean - they're human. IMO the roster isn't about a great genetic difference, but about a different playing style stemming from a different culture.

I get that 2nd ed. had just Humans. But this isn't 2nd ed. and the 4 undead, 4 elf and 3 human sides aren't going away. On top of that, if we're headed Down memory lane then 1st ed. did indeed have Bretonnians.

Finally, I really can't see a Grail Knight play BB. As Rolex said, that's too WarhammerBowl for me. Mind you, the thought takes me back to some of my first rosters. There were some (awesome :orc: and) interesting ideas on those. But they got sandblasted in 15 years of online discussion. Warhammerbowl was not a popular way to go. Especially now that BB has to some extent detached itself from Warhammer.

A few versions in, I had a team with Knights of the Line, Squires of the Line, Knights of the Field, Squires of the Field and Peasants.
Maaaaan, those rocked :orc:
Cheers
Martin

Reason: ''
Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Is the steam sale date finalised yet?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Cyanide's Blood Bowl 2

Post by swilhelm73 »

Cyanide has been releasing more information about their new version of Blood Bowl coming out...soonish.

Originally the points discussed were improved graphics and better league tools, but now they've released information such as...

http://bloodbowlgame.tumblr.com/post/11 ... management
Also, even the lucky players who manage somehow to avoid getting maimed during their career will eventually retire. For every seven matches played, a player will gain one “year of careers”. After some years, and the closer he is to the maximum number of years (14), the bigger the chance for him to retire. You will need to manage your players wisely, recruiting rookies to train them and replace your older players, and/or making use of the new Player Marketplace to renew your pool of skilled, veteran players!
Actual Blood Bowl of course had aging at one point and intentionally dropped it.

Cyanide did add a large number of optional rules in Blood Bowl 1...even real time play...that were rarely used. If they make their own ad hoc league rules like the above, and mandate them as opposed to leaving them optional, would it impact your decision to buy/play the game?

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Cyanide's Blood Bowl 2

Post by MattDakka »

swilhelm73 wrote:If they make their own ad hoc league rules like the above, and mandate them as opposed to leaving them optional, would it impact your decision to buy/play the game?
Of course, I don't want to be forced to play with Cyanide's house rules, and as me many other BB purists, you know, people who don't want DoK and Bretonnia teams.
Although I think that Blood Bowl should reintroduce an ageing rule in an utopic dream LRB7 rulebook, I don't want Cyanide's ageing because it's unofficial.
This said, I'm curious to see how Cyanide's ageing rule will affect clawpomb spam in perpetual leagues.
A bit off topic, but still related to BB2: I'm not going to buy a game with just 7 official teams, no thanks.
Cyanide must make a proper BB game with all the official teams and Star Players in order to have my money.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

sann0638 wrote:Just to gauge strength of feeling: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/make ... nal-in-bb2
Thanks, just signed up myself...not normally a fan of online petitions...but this might be exactly the situation in which they could be effective.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

MattDakka wrote: Cyanide must make a proper BB game with all the official teams and Star Players in order to have my money.
Random off-topic pondering. How much would you buy the perfect BB game for?

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

sann0638 wrote:
MattDakka wrote: Cyanide must make a proper BB game with all the official teams and Star Players in order to have my money.
The original cyanide game without bugs, with all cards, stars and slann/pact rosters, and a slightly better UI (for example an "are you sure?" on 'end turn' clicks, and a less annoying chat feature that you don't have to click on to prevent text dropouts during opponent's rolls)? I'd very happily pay $80-$100 (about 40-50 quid) assuming I could claim partial credit for owning a previous version of the game.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

sann0638 wrote: Random off-topic pondering. How much would you buy the perfect BB game for?
I think € 29,90, after all I bought BB1 and BB:LE.
The cards would be great, but they are not absolutely needed (they are optional), I would be happy with all the CRP teams, Slann, Pact and Underworld, all the Star Players, and very important, being able to reconnect to a game in case of sudden connection drop (with a timer of 5 minutes).

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

With a max of 7x14 games and in all likelihood a retirement before then, that looks like it favours teams that can skill fast. My OCC orcs have done I think 11 or 12 years in the Cyanide view and one of the black orcs is still only on his second skill.

Still, that is something else to spend your money on - kicking players with no skills after x games.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Shteve0 wrote:
sann0638 wrote:
The original cyanide game without bugs, with all cards, stars and slann/pact rosters, and a slightly better UI (for example an "are you sure?" on 'end turn' clicks, and a less annoying chat feature that you don't have to click on to prevent text dropouts during opponent's rolls)? I'd very happily pay $80-$100 (about 40-50 quid) assuming I could claim partial credit for owning a previous version of the game.
There is already a product matching your criteria on the market. It's free.
It's named fumbbl.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

babass wrote:There is already a product matching your criteria on the market. It's free.
It's named fumbbl.
True, but the pitch is the wrong way round ;)

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

babass wrote: There is already a product matching your criteria on the market. It's free.
It's named fumbbl.
I'm well aware of FUMBBL and I play there, the two main issues I have with it are:

- 2d graphics don't help me to bring my friends there. In 2015 people generally want 3d graphics. While I can live with 2d graphics, many others can't and this reduces the player base;

- Since FUMBBL's player base is very small I can't find nor play as many games I'd like to play, because I have to wait for several minutes (about 5-10 minutes) just to find no game or a mismatch; one of the BB1 things I liked was the quick MM.