Blood Bowl 2, more info

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Blood Bowl 2, more info

Post by Waldorf28 »

BB1 is my most played video game ever. I wish there were more races at the start, but I'll still be buying, playing and enjoying it. They'll all come via DLC eventually.

Reason: ''
Commissioner at the UKBBL.
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

To be fair to Cyanide, they included lots of extra features in BB1, but you could still play standard CRP rules. If BB2 is the same then you won't be forced to use any of the new marketplace stuff.
Not thrilled by a new Brettonian team but the Khorne roster didn't break the game, so hopefully this'll be similar.
Really tho, I'd settle for just a decent UI.

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

Lol bretonnian roster :p nice one cyanide haha

howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

Spotted cKnoor on Twitter had emailed a Focus community manager and asked (nicely) about how many teams were going to be part of the release and what teams they were. He got a reply and the teams were confirmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWEnBT-z ... youtu.be&a

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

It will be very difficult to go from all but 2 teams down to 7. Brettonians don't count. I'll buy it but I imagine I'll still play the Chaos edition more often.

garion

Post by garion »

SlaunRew wrote:It will be very difficult to go from all but 2 teams down to 7. Brettonians don't count. I'll buy it but I imagine I'll still play the Chaos edition more often.
Why on earth would you waste your money on that? People really need to stop supporting cyanide and their release strategy. They will just keep ripping you off time and time again if you do.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

SlaunRew wrote:It will be very difficult to go from all but 2 teams down to 7. Brettonians don't count. I'll buy it but I imagine I'll still play the Chaos edition more often.
Why buy if you arent going to play it? Wait for cry 'n' hide to get the hint and release a full game!

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

I have bought every version of BB1 since I managed to get onto the Humans + Orcs only beta test - you tend to get decent discounts if you've bought previous versions. Still, I mainly play against the AI just for something to do while the Mrs is watching Grand Designs. I do play online but not much. I have recently started playing FUMBBL which has been great fun - it seems to be a lot closer to the experience I get playing tabletop.

I will probably buy BB2 if it's very cheap. I just need to realise that it's just a computer game based on Blood Bowl. It's not a replacement of it.

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

garion wrote:
Why on earth would you waste your money on that? People really need to stop supporting cyanide and their release strategy. They will just keep ripping you off time and time again if you do.
I'm a sucker for anything Blood Bowl related. I'll want to check out the AI for myself.

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

lunchmoney wrote:
Why buy if you arent going to play it? Wait for cry 'n' hide to get the hint and release a full game!
I will play it, I'll just have to rely on the Chaos edition for the other teams.

Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dzerards »

I'd be happy with just 8 teams if I thought they had fine tuned the AI for each of them individually. Vampires that actually use Hypno Gaze, A Bombardier that throws bombs, Wardancers that Leap. Use of Jump Up to Block from the ground, etc. A Human team that plays like Elves against Bash and Chaos against Dash or attempts to to the best of it's ability at least.

I don't expect any significant improvements in the AI though. I would suggest that the best players of Blood Bowl in general are very good at utilising pattern recognition and abstract thought - two abilities that are extremely difficult, if not impossible, to program into a game.

In the end it is much easier to spruce up the graphics and add some superfluous features that might attract some Madden fans.

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

I like the look of the cyanide version, but the play seems absolute crap in comparison. also where is selling players to other coaches in the leagues in the rulebook? Bretonions? what? why?

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Did anyone notice that these 8 teams are really the original 3rd edition 6, + Chaos & Brets.

That's right, a lot of us paid a lot of Money for the original box with just 6 teams.
AFAIK, nobody complained then.
I didn't even flinxh when I bought DZ with 6 more teams for another truck load of Cash.

Just saying
Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

plasmoid wrote:Did anyone notice that these 8 teams are really the original 3rd edition 6, + Chaos & Brets.

That's right, a lot of us paid a lot of Money for the original box with just 6 teams.
AFAIK, nobody complained then.
I didn't even flinxh when I bought DZ with 6 more teams for another truck load of Cash.

Just saying
Cheers
Martin
True but it was almost 20 years ago, i don't think you would pay for a VHS today, even if the movie was freaking good. business models have changed since.

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

I paid a truckload for Dreadball with only four teams. I'm going to buy Bloodbowl 2 as well. I've had tremendous fun playing all the editions in online leagues, despite all their faults, and I at least expect this not to be worse.

Praise Nuffle!