Blood Bowl 2, more info

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Blood Bowl 2, more info

Post by spubbbba »

Darkson wrote:BB2 to be released with 8 teams. :roll:
http://www.jeuxvideoandco.com/actus/201 ... odblowl-2/

Human, Orcs, High Elfs, Dark Elfs, Dwarf, Chaos, Skaven and Brettonian (wtf??).
We need a facepalm smiley. Why release High elf and dark elf when they are so similar? Also why add the Brettonian team when they could have added one of the undead ones?
Looks like they felt they needed to have half "goodies" and half "baddies".

If it's like BB1 if we wait a year or so they'll release BB2.1 with those 8 teams and another 8 or so for the same price as BB2. Mind you they might add another stupid race that we don't need or want in place of an existing team we do.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

Human (Empire), Orcs, Chaos, and High Elves seem to be the 4 races that are being pushed in WFB at the moment, and in other licences (such as DiskWars). Dark Elves and Dwarves are also fairly staple races. Skaven seem to be first choice of the non-core 6 (I'm also going off the Invasion card game here).

As for Bretonnians... well, they're a French company, that's the only reason I can think :-? Maybe they'll all have very long legs and leap? :lol:

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dzerards »

Sandwich wrote: As for Bretonnians... well, they're a French company, that's the only reason I can think :-? Maybe they'll all have very long legs and leap? :lol:
That actually made me laugh out loud. :lol:

I can for the life of me figure out why they have left Pact on the shelf and gone for one of the most divisive teams in BB history.

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Dzerards wrote: I can for the life of me figure out why they have left Pact on the shelf and gone for one of the most divisive teams in BB history.
They don't listen to their own community on their own forum - what makes you think they listen to any other community? :o

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

Just wait until they turn off the BB1 servers at release of BB2 to ensure more sales. ;)

CoolIRL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CoolIRL »

I'm excited about Bretonnians.

They have two of my favorites (Dark Elves and Skaven) so I'll probably buy it, as long as my 6 year old computer can handle it.

I figure if you buy BB2, you'll get the expansions for cheaper through Steam... so may as well.

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

plasmoid wrote:Did anyone notice that these 8 teams are really the original 3rd edition 6, + Chaos & Brets.

That's right, a lot of us paid a lot of Money for the original box with just 6 teams.
AFAIK, nobody complained then.
I didn't even flinxh when I bought DZ with 6 more teams for another truck load of Cash.

Just saying
Cheers
Martin
Come on now Martin, that's a ridiculous argument. The problem is they have sold people the same game 4 times over already and every time it was incomplete. Now they are starting again and will no doubt follow the same business model again. Ripping people off as much as they think they can get away with. Brets as well is very controversial too.

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

garion wrote: Brets as well is very controversial too.
Not only does that conversation generate some heat, but if you are on the pro-Bret side, the Bret team BB II is rumored to use is NOT the one that most pro--Bret people are using. Namely Plasmoid's. They are not even going after the pro-Bret segment of the community. Having said that, I just bought BBCE and Dungeonbowl this month and like them enough I'll probably try BB II if it's not too expensive.

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

the Bret team BB II is rumored to use
What have you heard?

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

My bad. Rumored was probably not the most accurate word to use. The only GW approved Bret team was a "human team" with two types of blitzers (knights). I would be surprised/shocked if GW/Cyanide used a team they took from the net that they had no hand in making, ie. Plasmoid's Brets. I can't see the layers allowing that to happen. Unless they "buy" the rights to the team from Plasmoid, not likely.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

This looks like solid steam 75% sale territory.

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

At that rate I'm in. :D

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Lychanthrope wrote:My bad. Rumored was probably not the most accurate word to use. The only GW approved Bret team was a "human team" with two types of blitzers (knights). I would be surprised/shocked if GW/Cyanide used a team they took from the net that they had no hand in making, ie. Plasmoid's Brets. I can't see the layers allowing that to happen. Unless they "buy" the rights to the team from Plasmoid, not likely.
Yeah, was the reason for cutting all the fluff out of the crp rulebook not due to GW being worried over ownership?

I can't see them taking a roster straight from the internet. Unless they do the same as Khorne and bring in Plasmoid and some other coaches to create it for them on the understanding that it belongs to GW.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

lychanthrope wrote:Unless they "buy" the rights to the team from Plasmoid, not likely.
Nobody needs to "buy" anything... nobody even needs to legally ask for plasmoid's permission to use a roster he created. Numeric statistics and short names don't fall under any of the categories you could claim IP rights on. You can't copyright such trivial creations, and he has no registered trademarks associated with those rosters.

The only thing he could claim ownership of is fluff text if that fluff text was a paragraph or more in size.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

VDM is correct ... there is not one legal issue with taking Plasmoid's roster and putting it into the game.

However as much as I really like Martin ... I am very concerned that this new version went off the rails. Adding in the Brets and ignoring the Slann ... this screams train wreck in the same way all the rules forced on Dode, Ian and I for developing the Khorne roster caused issues.

Making me regret that because I was in the hospital last year that I had to turn down helping with the new version.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers