Blood Bowl 2, more info

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Blood Bowl 2, more info

Post by mzukerman »

Sounds like more glass cannons like Norse, perhaps without the frenzy.

Reason: ''
"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

There was a post (with pictures) on the Cyanide forum from someone that had been to a games show that was less than complimentary about the new UI, but I can't find it now (was posted last night).

@mzuckerman - plasmoid's roster.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Darkson wrote:mzuckerman - plasmoid's roster.
Urgh. Confirmed?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

So I've been told by someone doing the testing. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:There was a post (with pictures) on the Cyanide forum from someone that had been to a games show that was less than complimentary about the new UI, but I can't find it now (was posted last night).
I've just trawled the cyanide forum and I cant find that post. I remember seeing it and the guy was not flattering towards the game at all. Now it is either gone, or buried....

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

so it looks like the roster is very similar to a famous one we know isn't it??

Knights yeomen (squires) and cheap peasants???

:smoking:

I am happy about that.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Darkson wrote:So I've been told by someone doing the testing. :(
Old one or new one?

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Up till now the Cyanide player designs had been decent, some good and some poor. The sketches looked great and the BB2 designs a significant improvement.
But those players are just so bland, just medieval French soldiers without weapons, nothing about them suggests Bloodbowl.

I don't have high hopes for the roster either. The ironic thing is the GW look to be pretty much dropping Brettonians from warhammer.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Blood Bowl 2, more info

Post by connexion »

spubbbba wrote: nothing about them suggests Bloodbowl.
Fully realising I risk opening a can of works here but... "What would suggest BB in this out any other team?"

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

lunchmoney wrote:I've just trawled the cyanide forum and I cant find that post. I remember seeing it and the guy was not flattering towards the game at all. Now it is either gone, or buried....
I asked Dode (as I thought I was going mad(der) and he said the account deleted the post.

@Rolex - the new game (if that's what you mean).

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Darkson wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:I've just trawled the cyanide forum and I cant find that post. I remember seeing it and the guy was not flattering towards the game at all. Now it is either gone, or buried....
I asked Dode (as I thought I was going mad(der) and he said the account deleted the post.

@Rolex - the new game (if that's what you mean).
I meant if they are using the original roster, or the latest one.
There is quite a difference. (at least to my vanity... :lol: )

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No idea - as there isn't a real Brett BB roster I've not bothered to follow any of the fan-made stuff.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

connexion wrote:
spubbbba wrote: nothing about them suggests Bloodbowl.
Fully realising I risk opening a can of works here but... "What would suggest BB in this out any other team?"
Look at the human player in that pic, he has a medieval version of American football armour with extra spikes. Most of their other players do too and are distinctly different from their fantasy equivalents. The Brettonians are either dressed as peasants or knights, equipment not really practical for bloodbath.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

spubbbba wrote: Look at the human player in that pic, he has a medieval version of American football armour with extra spikes. Most of their other players do too and are distinctly different from their fantasy equivalents. The Brettonians are either dressed as peasants or knights, equipment not really practical for bloodbath.
Just say they look stupid, because they do :)

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Fassbinder75 wrote:
spubbbba wrote: Look at the human player in that pic, he has a medieval version of American football armour with extra spikes. Most of their other players do too and are distinctly different from their fantasy equivalents. The Brettonians are either dressed as peasants or knights, equipment not really practical for bloodbath.
Just say they look stupid, because they do :)
They'd look fine on the battlefield just not on the pitch.

That's why I've always had an issue with Brettonians, every team list has been bland and added nothing to the game. Whilst I've yet to see an interesting conversion or image of them either.