Blood Bowl 2, more info

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

chigger254
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Blood Bowl 2, more info

Post by chigger254 »

Well, at the very least I'm going to hold off on BB2 until it's found out if they're releasing teams as DLC or releasing whole separate games to include more teams, like they did with Blood Bowl.

After buying Blood Bowl three times now, I don't feel like buying Blood Bowl 2 more than once.

Reason: ''
VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

GalakStarscraper wrote:However as much as I really like Martin ... I am very concerned that this new version went off the rails. Adding in the Brets and ignoring the Slann ... this screams train wreck in the same way all the rules forced on Dode, Ian and I for developing the Khorne roster caused issues.
From another perspective: adding in bretonnians pretty much proves that Cyanide is not limiting themselves to GW-included races, which means there's an actual chance that the Slann could be included at a future date. Of course, that's one of the sticking points for folks like Darkson who look at things like the Khorne roster as being the spoonful of dirt in a bucket of drinking water.

If Cyanide does go with the expansion/DLC model (which is something they seem to want to do, but keep failing miserably at, with their other games) then we may see every race under the sun, including plenty of fairly random new races. If people express enough interest in specific races, and they DO manage to sell enough to justify additional DLC races, it would pretty much guarantee the races people are interested in being released.

Or, y'know... maybe not. It's Cyanide/Focus... so who the hell knows.

As for "why bretonnians?"... my guess is that it lets them re-use a lot of the modelling they used for other humanoid races, so it was faster and cheaper than a race that required entirely new models and animations. With them it's always best to look at how a decision best forwarded the "cutting corners" model of development.

jdmofo
Experienced
Experienced

Post by jdmofo »

Updated graphics are a big deal for me, I want a BB videogame that looks cool, even if it is at the expense of a lot of the teams.

I also don't understand why people use terms like 'rip off' when they talk about Cyanide's strategy for selling the game. If it said on the box that it had 50 playable races and it turned out that it only had 8, then yeah, scream rip off. But as they've quite clearly told us that there's 8 races and which races those are, we can all make our minds up based on that.

You might think it's too expensive and avoid, or you might think it looks cool and buy it, but unless they have misled you in some way then 'rip off' isn't really fair.

If the game sells well then there will be other races released in some form or another for additional cost. That is standard to all games now, with games such as Ryse on Xbone asking me if I wanted to purchase additional content within 10 mins of putting it on the first time (a £50+ game!) So you might not like that but it is not limited to Cyanide, it is across the whole industry.

The only problem I have with BB2 so far is the name. It's not BB2 is it? It's just a better version of BB than their previous version, and I'm fine with that.

*now with added signature!*
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Its a rip-off because even before BB1 was released they were promising a 99.9% tabletop conversion - said at both the "sneak preview" at a GT and the press release day. 3 (or 4, depending on how you count DE) versions later, they've not only failed in their own promise but they want you to buy it again, and its still not complete. :evil:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I am amused at the thinking though. If you understood the game you would have FUMBBL testing the brets for you or at least have a page with the latest stats. I gues its the mentality of the public like a surprise rather than the players want a balanced race...

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Garion,
I didn't mean it as a defense. Just an observation. I mean, I spent a lot on BBBox and then DZ. The vast majority of the content I could have just proxied and xeroxed. But I didn't.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

has de Bretonian roster been published? Do we know if it is plasmoid or not 100% sure?

I'm out unless it costs less than 5€

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

txapo wrote:has de Bretonian roster been published? Do we know if it is plasmoid or not 100% sure?
No.
We're 100% unsure.

Only people that (probably) know are the playtesters (if there are any yet) and they'll be under a NDA if they're on it now (and no, I'm not, so don't ask).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Darkson playtesting a Bretonian roster, now that's funny to think about. :lol:

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

He also playtested DoK.

All the simulated hate is part of his NDA. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very well acted, I must say. :wink:

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

I'm very interested in knowing the roster as I just got my bretonian team painted in order to try plasmoid one, but know I'm in doubt if the are diferent rules which one to use,... :smoking:

Will I need to pain a horse as well??? :orc:

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Maybe Lucky Luc is coming back...? :P

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Christ, Andy Hall. Time has not been kind.

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

GameSpot has put up a video review of Blood Bowl 2 and I spotted a header screen about the Brettonians. Might give an indication on their play style.