Blood Bowl 2, more info

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Blood Bowl 2, more info

Post by juck101 »

Loads of players from BB1, as in first edition, didnt make it. We have no giants, no Were teams, no troggs. (no judges!) Stuff got dropped from 2nd ed. I expect people that play now would be horrified to actually play lrb2.0 or 3.0, yet most people seam unable to adapt to a bit of change. Teams come, so go, big deal.

I personally cant wait to see it, and I will at some stage give Bretts a go. Even if I cant rename a player I will be happy to have a good game of BB

Reason: ''
...the pope said to his aid...
juck101

Post by juck101 »

sann0638 wrote:One of the advantages of Fumbbl, you don't get timed out automatically!
Unless someone else added;
You can ask your oppenent to click pause for you. If you want a cup of tea, or feed the kids, you need to ask the other player. Not really any different from tabletop in that regards

...the pope said to his aid...
Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arioso »

Had the possibility to actually play the game on the Role Play Convention in Cologne (they told us it would have been a world premiere... don't know if thats true)

Got some information from the guys who presented the game. None of them was from cyanide or focus, they were from the german distributor i think, so they were just presenting and didn't know much about the rules itself.
I played the PS4-Version, it was titled as "early beta".

- the game looks fantastic. some ppl complained about too much video-sequences during a turn - i cannot confirm this. The game runs smooth and fast. only thing i mentioned was at a high kick i only had 5 secs to put the player under the ball which was kind of hard in that short time
- it was hard for me to play with a game pad (used to the pc-version of bb1), but after some clicks and misclicks i could play the game very well.
- there is no cumulative calculation of risks of a certan play. the game shows you the percentage of succeding (for example a dodge) for each tile on the field. it doesn't show a cumulative -percentage of the complete action
- the ppl presenting the game told us that the possible release date is supposed to be in fall 2015. I am not sure if he got all the information about that or just didnt know a release day yet, he told us that they want to fix bugs before they release it
- the games i played were 2min-turns but i was told that you can change that.
- i did not see any starplayer (no information on that, but again i had the feeling that the ppl didn't really have contact to the developers so they probably didn't know about them anyways)

- in the games and the races i played (Brettonian, Human, Ork, Skaven) i didn't encounter any bug or any rule that was implemented wrong

- i saw the menu of the league-management-system, it -seems- that there are more options to manage your own leagues with bb2, but the function wasn't activated yet, so i cannot tell what you actually can manage and what not

- brettonnians are in the game and use the changed plasmoid-roster (saw the skills and stats by myself - so 7338 Blitzers with Block, Catch, Dauntless)

Regash

Post by Regash »

Cyanide did show some dwarf in their blog.

I'm not a fan of BB2 with the rule changes but I kind of like these.
Got some charakter.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

dode74 wrote:
Epy wrote:Blood Bowl 2 with 23 races
If BB2 has 23 races including Brets, and BBCE had 23 races without Brets, can you confirm which race you will be cutting?
And it's not Khorne.
Dode has hinted at the race, but not said specifically which one on the Cyanide forum, maybe he will here?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Well, this is what I've found rooting around in the files.

First, there's a portrait of each race:

So, 24 races if that Russian chap at the bottom is a race and not a gap filler (which isn't needed with the file structure they are using). But they are clearly using assets from BB1, so why no Nurgle pic? All the others are there, plus this placeholder. So it looks like there will be no Nurgle in BB2. Nurgle's Rot is referenced as a skill in the database, and so is Nurgle as a race, but the databases are basically identical to the BB1 databases. Looks to me like a copy/paste job there.

So what about that 24th pic? This is a screenie of the logos file from BB2 opened in file manager:

It shows Brets, Chaos and Chaos Pact. Looks to me like the 24th team will be Pact.

In short, it seems like BB2 will have the same races as BBCE, minus Nurgle and plus Pact and Brets. Could be wrong, and Nurgle could be patched in later on, but there's the evidence.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Good work Dode, thanks for posting this up.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Just so you know. Most PC preorders are getting both Lizardmen and Wood Elves instead of just one.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Oh I thought Pact would be the Troll with the warpstone on him, but I guess that's underworld... Always get those mixed up... could the last guy be a Kislevite? They ARE adding races.

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Regash

Post by Regash »

Madsherman wrote:They ARE adding races.
You bet they do...
As far as I've read somewhere, they'll be 7 US-$ apiece as DLC, so I wouldn't be surprised to see each and any weird roster that can be found online... :(

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

And if they've learnt anything from GW, each new roster will be slightly more powerful than the last...

:wink:

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I wonder if the different tiers will impact sales? If it does, I can see some drastic changes to the Halflings at least, if not other races.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Has anybody seen anything resembling a DLC release schedule?

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Sort of off-topic, sort of not: http://gamasutra.com/view/news/256220/Q ... ensees.php

So maybe we need to bombard a competent development team to put a pitch to GW? ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

dode74 wrote:Well, this is what I've found rooting around in the files.

In short, it seems like BB2 will have the same races as BBCE, minus Nurgle and plus Pact and Brets. Could be wrong, and Nurgle could be patched in later on, but there's the evidence.
you have Slann missing. :smoking: