Blood Bowl 2, more info

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Glowworm

Re: Cyanide's Blood Bowl 2

Post by Glowworm »

sann0638 wrote:
MattDakka wrote: Cyanide must make a proper BB game with all the official teams and Star Players in order to have my money.
Random off-topic pondering. How much would you buy the perfect BB game for?
"Perfect?"

A Kidney :)

(So, judging by the damage I've done to my Kidneys.....about £3:50)

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Blood Bowl 2, more info

Post by lunchmoney »

I, too, would give Glowworm's kidney for a "perfect" adaptation.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'll chuck in Glow's liver.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I would pay £40 for a full, accurate BB game. I would pay £60 if it had the ability for customisation akin to leagues. So different starting amounts, the ability to add the bank, MVP system being chosen, the ability to do one off matches with pre-made teams (i.e. you TT opponent can't make it, so you can play the gam eonline instead), the ability to add new teams using exisiting models to your league. Etc.

For Cyanides efforts I am happy with the steam sale.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

From the Cyanide forum:
---
Hi there,

I have some news to share! We discussed a lot about the subject in the last few days, taking into account all your remarks. After some thought, we decided to make the ageing system optionnal for the multiplayer leagues.

As a league administrator, you'll be able to decide if you want to run your league with the ageing system or not. So when you play in a league with the ageing option activated, your players will age and then will retire (and their years of career will be displayed as well as their retirement time). And when you'll play in a league whithout the ageing option activated, your players won't get old (and nothing will be displayed).
Please note that in the solo leagues, the ageing system will remain mandatory.

If you have some questions, about the new ageing system, feel free to ask.
---

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

One wonders if this was just a PR stunt to drum up interest and that the aging was always going to be optional..... But I don’t credit cyanide with that much intelligence.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

It's still not optional if you just want to play digital bb on your own.. not worth spending money on for me, unless I can no longer play tabletop league.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Daht wrote:It's still not optional if you just want to play digital bb on your own.. not worth spending money on for me, unless I can no longer play tabletop league.
If you are never planning to play online you can just hack the game to turn bits off. I say that with such ease, but even if you cant do yourself, there are plenty of websites out there with game hacks (use at your own risk, obviously). Most games are hacked apart within a few weeks, with Cyanide's piss weak programming I suspect it will be pulled apart by the hacker community within a day.

In no way do I endorse reverse engineering, hacking, or any sort of bad touch. I am just saying the options are out there and if you arent playing against other people, it wont matter what you do :)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

Wait, is that another April Fools joke? There was one going around about them including 16 races...

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

lunchmoney wrote:
Daht wrote:It's still not optional if you just want to play digital bb on your own.. not worth spending money on for me, unless I can no longer play tabletop league.
If you are never planning to play online you can just hack the game to turn bits off. I say that with such ease, but even if you cant do yourself, there are plenty of websites out there with game hacks (use at your own risk, obviously). Most games are hacked apart within a few weeks, with Cyanide's piss weak programming I suspect it will be pulled apart by the hacker community within a day.

In no way do I endorse reverse engineering, hacking, or any sort of bad touch. I am just saying the options are out there and if you arent playing against other people, it wont matter what you do :)
If I can get it hacked like that, I also can snag a cracked copy.. so not worth spending money on :P

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

On Cyanide forum yesterday, it was revealed that you'll still not be able to rename (or add to the name) of a player during their career. The name you give the player at the time of purchase is it.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Good gods, why? I mean the skill required for coding all this is great, but the bloody name field shouldn't be that hard?!

Don't the muppets realise if you want players to engage more with the team that type of detail is fantastic? No way to stick in nickname befitting deeds, entering names just to wind up your opponents before a match, all not possible :(

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Add in that's it's been requested many, many times since BB1 was released, and yes, you wonder wtf they're up to.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Interestingly, not possible on Fumbbl either.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Didn't it used to be? I thought I renamed a player once in the short time I played there?