I am RUBBISH on FUMBBL

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

garyt
Rookie
Rookie

Re: I am RUBBISH on FUMBBL

Post by garyt »

Ranked allows you to offer games to others so you can get easier games by picking on rookies or lower tv sides, if they accept. But I don't recommend picking like that! On the other hand you will get people with better teams/records offering to play you as they tweak their sides. And others will be fair. There is a balance in getting fun and fair matches for both players.
While in Blackbox you are matched by TV (good for the most part though you wont find many teams with 16 players/lots of rrs etc) and I wouldn't say all coaches are really good. But I rarely get an easy match and there are some power gamers lurking. Plenty of fun coaches there too. I joined FUMBBL, went straight into Box, lost some, played a few 145 league games and then back into Box. Don't worry, just try the options! It's a great site, and improvements keep coming.

Reason: ''
Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

The League division [L] might be a bit confusing btw.
League works the same way as Ranked does (you can schedule your own games). A team made in [L] can join an actual League (like the 145 club, O[L]C, WIL, OBBA, HUBBA, etc) when they're recruiting but do check out a league's rules on what kind of team gets to join (existing teams can join or maybe they can't, maybe you don't get to choose which race you get to play).

So it's fine for a new player to start playing in Ranked (You might want to avoid Box for a while but there's plenty of rookies joining Blackbox so up to you really) and be a bit careful which games you accept. And let go of "picking" too much when you win too much. ;)

League is good to "practice" because it's harder to break the rules but it's best because of the leagues. Skill level in [L] is as diverse as in [R] or , depending on each league, so that shouldn't be a problem.

The_Great_Gobbo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The_Great_Gobbo »

I doant unnerstand dis ideer o lernin wivowt loozin concept. Der only way ter lern iz ter jump inner ranked an get der snot kicked owt o yer repeatedly fer 20 gamez or so, an den der wurm will turn an yew may start winnin.

Iz dere no fun ter be ad in loozin a klose game on der last turn?

Remember kidz, dere iz no shame in loozin, speshully wiv Nuffle bein such a bitch!

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:Der only way ter lern iz ter jump inner ranked an get der snot kicked owt o yer repeatedly fer 20 gamez or so, an den der wurm will turn an yew !
No, please, don't suggest to play in Ranked, is full of cherrypickers preying on rookies.
Either Black Box or League are the divisions to be.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Fumbbl is all about skilling up your players...

Oh and fouling faceless internet opponents on the last turn lol :lol: (that's a joke)

I ain't played in a couple of weeks now, might give it a whirl tonight :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.