I am RUBBISH on FUMBBL

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

I am RUBBISH on FUMBBL

Post by Heff »

I am pretty mediocre anyway but on FUMBBL I am just terrible, any ideas why?

Reason: ''
Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

I am RUBBISH on FUMBBL

Post by voyagers_uk »

I don't know about you, I found that I couldn't take the random dice they constantly screwed me over

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: I am RUBBISH on FUMBBL

Post by Digger Goreman »

Play dwarves? :P

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

I am RUBBISH on FUMBBL

Post by voyagers_uk »

rofl

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

Are you playing Box or Ranked Heff?

I struggled when I first started playing on FUMBBL, but you quickly up your game and settle in. You're talking about playing guys who have literally thousands of games some of them, versus a handful a year for the average TT player. Hang tough, it gets better.

Also, make some Stunty teams and just play and have fun. With Stunty it doesn't matter if you win or lose, because you feel good watching all the little guys go squish. :D

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

WhatBall wrote:Are you playing Box or Ranked Heff?

I struggled when I first started playing on FUMBBL, but you quickly up your game and settle in. You're talking about playing guys who have literally thousands of games some of them, versus a handful a year for the average TT player. Hang tough, it gets better.

Also, make some Stunty teams and just play and have fun. With Stunty it doesn't matter if you win or lose, because you feel good watching all the little guys go squish. :D
Better yet, join a league. The 145 club is great if your CR is low and there are loads of other fab leagues out there that require various levels of commitment.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Playing pickup games in ranked. Its brutal out there and box sounds like a real snakepit. want to get a bit better before i try any leagues

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
hissa-lives
Veteran
Veteran

Post by hissa-lives »

Heff wrote:Playing pickup games in ranked. Its brutal out there and box sounds like a real snakepit. want to get a bit better before i try any leagues
145 club is the place for you! not too many dwarf teams, really friendly opponents and a nice learning curve. Been there a while and can honestly say each game has been fun, friendly and great for learning the finer points of Fumbll.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Well the rookie CD team Kill All Dwarves has just applied.

outcast
Veteran
Veteran

I am RUBBISH on FUMBBL

Post by outcast »

Heff wrote:Well the rookie CD team Kill All Dwarves has just applied.
Great! I've played in the last couple of 145 rookie leagues (after getting thumped in Ranked) and like Hissa says it's a really friendly environment.

Look forward to seeing you around :-)

"Good work ain't cheap. Cheap work ain't good." - Norman “Sailor Jerry” Collins
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I agree with spubbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbba. Join a league. Much better then beating your head against the wall while getting mauled by the power gamers.

hissa-lives
Veteran
Veteran

Post by hissa-lives »

Heff wrote:Well the rookie CD team Kill All Dwarves has just applied.
awesome! look forward to playing against you soon! and moaning about dwarf teams too :-)
Be warned though, there is a Lego link with my team! lol

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

It's been a while since I played on Fumbbl... I now mostly watch some games and try to learn. The level has gone up massively from what I've noticed. 3-4 Years ago or so I still managed to win a Royal Rookie Rumble (with Chaos Dwarf ;) ) but now...
As someone said before, there are many players with literally thousands of games under their belt. It becomes a sort of pattern recognition game for them. I remember one Swedish opponent who could predict what I would be doing 2 turns in advance and he would tell me too in the chat window :o
I think you either need to commit to playing a couple of games every evening, or just enjoy the odd game, maybe in a less cut-throat environment like leagues.

W

Fighting signature size creep ;)
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

The 100 plus games teams don't help. I keep coming across teams of 12 players consisting of 8 rookies and 3/4 stars to legends. Don't help as it will take me months to have such a team and level the field.

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

The suggestion for league play is very good, especially starting with the 145 Club, it is awesome. After that, look for leagues in your time zone. There are a lot of good ones out there.

Ranked is tough, because you will get picked, and often you may not even know it. Box is Russian roulette with one chamber empty and the rest loaded.