Cyanide on Tablet in July

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Cyanide on Tablet in July

Post by J_Bone »

So which races have been released for it? I'm assuming it comes with humans and orcs for the $4.99 so which other teams are available as add ons for the additional $12 mentioned by Vanguard? $12 means four more teams right?

Reason: ''
The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
TheDancingClown
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheDancingClown »

Chaos, Skaven, Wood Elf and Dwarf

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Cyanide on Tablet in July

Post by voyagers_uk »

Is iPhone coming?

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

voyagers_uk wrote:Is iPhone coming?
Fairly sure it's tablet only. Have a hard time imagining how it could be squeezed onto a phone screen.

Looks like the US prices translate to £3 for the game and £2 per team. Beginning to think that that is pretty reasonable. Not going to pickup all the teams just for the sake of it, but if I fancy one then £2 is well within impulse purchase territory.

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

just for the record, the game is not woth the price. I tried it and till now 4 games crashed(or disconnected) over 6 i played. So i assume that the odds to end a game are the same as dodging with a saurus...

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

It's a time wasting entertainment, but it is rubbish. Same problem that elyoukey had with disconnections, annoying rule implimentations (can you turn piling on 'off' so it doesn't do it every time?), and odd matchups (my rookie humans ran into 1400 Dorfs with spammed guard/MB).

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

think I will wait until this is more stable to pick up. thanks for testing

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Don__Vito wrote:can you turn piling on 'off' so it doesn't do it every time?
You certainly can in the desktop version - all skills default to auto-use but there's a preferences menu somewhere that allows you to specify which skills you should be prompted for. Would assume this also appears in the tablet version but not tried it yet.

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

Vanguard wrote:
Don__Vito wrote:can you turn piling on 'off' so it doesn't do it every time?
You certainly can in the desktop version - all skills default to auto-use but there's a preferences menu somewhere that allows you to specify which skills you should be prompted for. Would assume this also appears in the tablet version but not tried it yet.
When you find it on tablet can you tell me?

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Don__Vito wrote:When you find it on tablet can you tell me?
Heh, had a quick look and it's either not on the tablet version or particularly well hidden. :(
Other bits that jumped out, I can login in to multiplayer using the same account I use for the PC version, but it's not the same servers. The leagues are different and none of my teams are present. Doesn't look like you can seamlessly transition from desktop to tablet. :(

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Check the "options" menu - iirc that's where it is on the PC version.

From some posts on the Cyanide forum it seems you can only see the teams you have paid for.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Jolly Roger (Cyanide/Focus staffer) on Cyanide forum wrote:To clarify this point, on the iPad version, players can only challenge the races that are available in the iPad game for the moment: Humans, Orcs, Dwarfs, Skaven, Wood Elves and Chaos. Even if the opponent is on PC.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

If this version follows the same trend of BB1 there will be great variety of opponents: Dwarfs at low TV, Orcs at mid TV, then Chaos, have fun!
:D

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Darkson wrote:Check the "options" menu - iirc that's where it is on the PC version.

From some posts on the Cyanide forum it seems you can only see the teams you have paid for.
Based on the SP game your opponents can be any team available in the Tablet version, regardless of whether you've paid for them. What you can't do is play vs Norse or whatever as those assets presumably haven't been converted to whatever format the tablet version uses.

MP might be different but it seems a bit daft.