Pitch Invasion & Touchback

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Manuel
Experienced
Experienced

Pitch Invasion & Touchback

Post by Manuel »

Hi there!

A couple of days ago a guy asked something in Facebook which I found rather interesting. What would happen if a Pitch Invasion occurs in a Kick-off, all the receiving players are proned, and the ball bounces out of the pitch?

According to the LBR6 (I haven't the CRP right now), the player "MUST give the ball to any player in his team". What happens when there is no available player for that? (There could still be people with "no hands", of course).

A lot of people laughed and said that was soooooooo extremely unlikely... but it can still happen. I had to field 2 players once (and scored in 2 turns, yeah!), and if my opponent had had +2 FAME, it could have easily been the case.

In tabletop game, I guess the most normal decision would be placing the ball on a proned player, and make it bounce as if he had failed the pick-up roll (although this is not the idea of handing the ball to the receiving team because of a bad kick). But still, what I wonder here is, how would Fumbbl handle this situation?

Let me know what you think about that!

Reason: ''
Maverick
Legend
Legend

Re: Pitch Invasion & Touchback

Post by Maverick »

It happened at the NAFC this year -- I believe the two players involved agreed he could put it on anyone he liked and as they were prone it scattered from that square

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

Manuel
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Pitch Invasion & Touchback

Post by Manuel »

In fumbbl this situation is very well handled. The ball gets placed in the central square of the half of the receiving team. Extreamly robust and tested fumbbl.