New VASSAL BB module

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: New VASSAL BB module

Post by mzukerman »

How about team rosters? Would you enter your team roster before the game? I guess in that case your opponent would have to check against the league site that this was correct?

Reason: ''
"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
GJK
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GJK »

mzukerman wrote:How about team rosters? Would you enter your team roster before the game? I guess in that case your opponent would have to check against the league site that this was correct?
Yeah, it would take a third party app; either just swapping excel spreadsheets or OBBLM or the like. All of the pieces in the module have their base numbers+skills added in a property sheet that is editable, so if you have a player on your roster that has skilled up or whatever, you can modify the property sheet for that player as needed. The info from that property sheet shows up over the player when you mouse over it so it's very easy to get all the player details during a turn.

GJK
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GJK »

FYI: A league is starting to form. I will post details under the 'Tournament' header once I've prepared a formal announcement.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Under the "League" header please.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GJK
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GJK »

Darkson wrote:Under the "League" header please.
Thanks Darkson, message posted in the "League" folder here: http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 79&t=40274 for those interested.

-Dean Vernon Wormer
zoid
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zoid »

Hi everyone!

I'm a new user here, heard about TFF a while back from listening to Three Die Block and the like, but found this specific page while searching for a VASSAL module for Bloodbowl. Thanks for the work you've done to put one together!

I tried the dropbox link above, but it says the folder is empty. Is the module still available?

I haven't done too much BB playing lately, but hoping that VASSAL will help me get a few more games in, rather than waiting for the odd game with my two friends that also (occasionally) play, and when we're not playing 40k instead :-p

Haven't played any tournaments/leagues before, more a casual player, but I can't deny the idea does intrigue me :-)

Cheers!
Zoid.

outcast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by outcast »

zoid wrote:Hi everyone!

I'm a new user here, heard about TFF a while back from listening to Three Die Block and the like, but found this specific page while searching for a VASSAL module for Bloodbowl. Thanks for the work you've done to put one together!

I tried the dropbox link above, but it says the folder is empty. Is the module still available?

I haven't done too much BB playing lately, but hoping that VASSAL will help me get a few more games in, rather than waiting for the odd game with my two friends that also (occasionally) play, and when we're not playing 40k instead :-p

Haven't played any tournaments/leagues before, more a casual player, but I can't deny the idea does intrigue me :-)

Cheers!
Zoid.
Hey Zoid

You can get the latest version here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1k10cptk6f69 ... .vmod?dl=0

Hop on over to vabbl.org - we have a small league in progress there but if you jump onto the forum (vabbl.org/forum) and say hello, I'm sure you'll be able to get stuck into a friendly or sign up for the next season :-)

"Good work ain't cheap. Cheap work ain't good." - Norman “Sailor Jerry” Collins
zoid
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zoid »

outcast wrote: Hey Zoid

You can get the latest version here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1k10cptk6f69 ... .vmod?dl=0

Hop on over to vabbl.org - we have a small league in progress there but if you jump onto the forum (vabbl.org/forum) and say hello, I'm sure you'll be able to get stuck into a friendly or sign up for the next season :-)
Wonderful, thanks Outcast, downloading now :-)

I'll check out vabbl.org as well. I'm a bit rusty so will need to refresh myself on the rules, but will blow the dust off my Skaven and check it out :-)

Thanks again.
Zoid

GJK
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GJK »

Let me know how the module works for you. It's been running our league for several weeks now and thus far it seems to fit the bill. I'm always open for suggestions on improvements so if you have any, let me know!

-Dean Vernon Wormer