Cyanide game - Training online

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

kage
Rookie
Rookie

Cyanide game - Training online

Post by kage »

First of all ... sorry for my horrible english ... :o
I see that in this game it's possible to create team and insert manually new skill player etc ... but I dont know how to arrange play on internet with my friends.
Our scope should be training for the next world championship with team at first day (TV 1100 and 3-4 skills).

I saw that should be necessary to create a VPN (Virtual Private Network), it's correct ? Someone know if there are freeware program to do that ?
In some post I read Hamachi do that, but now is not free anymore. Other freeware programs that do the same ?

Best regards

Reason: ''
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Cyanide game - Training online

Post by Itchen Masack »

Hi :)

The game already has capability for this, it's just hidden by Cyanide! There are 3 main steps

1. Create the Team -

Make a team in Single Player mode then Export it:

This may now be changed to add skills in Team Editor:Image

2. Host a match

One coach is the host and must set up the match:

3. Join the match

The 2nd coach then joins the match created by using the IP Address of the Host (http://www.whatismyip.com/)

Red Circle this time

Then both coaches select their team from the Drop Down Menus, and click ''Ready''

My apologies of this is not clear, but helping doesn't come natural to me :-P

kage
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kage »

Indeed a great help !!! Thank you very much ! :wink:

This evening we will try ...

kage
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kage »

Nothing ... doesn't work ! :blue:

In other post I read that was necessary use a VPN program (like Hamachi) it is correct ?

Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

I dont have any programs installed on top of the Cyanide one and I play in a league this way every week. Do you have ports forwarded?

Port 16962 is needed here I believe. I will be free tomorrow evening if you would like trying to connect with me?

Please note I know NOTHING technical here, I just know this is how I connect and it works!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I think there's a stickied post for this on the Cyanide forum. Unfortunately I can't access the site to check at the moment.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
kage
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kage »

Darkson wrote:I think there's a stickied post for this on the Cyanide forum. Unfortunately I can't access the site to check at the moment.
OK ! I will find it ! Probably I've a problem with my internet service provider .... :pissed:

Thanks for help.