Spike! Magazine Showdown

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Spike! Magazine Showdown

Post by Purplegoo »

Hi gang!

It's Online NAF Blood Bowl time again! The Spike! Magazine Showdown will begin in two weeks on June 27th. Be a part of Canadian BB action!

Spike! Magazine Showdown

Our third online NAF tournament of 2016 will see us partner with the Canadian NAF Major tournament, the Spike! Magazine BB Championship! This post should point you toward everything you need to know to enter the Spike! Magazine Showdown (SMS), and compete to win physical, Spike! themed prizes.

The Spike! Magazine BB Championship is one of the five yearly NAF Major tournaments. It is held in British Columbia, Canada. This year, the Spike! will be held over the weekend of August 26th / 27th, and will use the much heralded Ironmanj ruleset! The Spike! is held in a beautiful part of Canada, and Steve and the Thunderbowl team put on a superb show. A trip out to BC is more than deserving of your holiday time! Further details can be found at the Spike! website, here. Sign up NOW!

The full rulespack is available here, here and here. Check out the full rulespack for the funky Spike! poster I'm not allowed to reproduce here. ;)

Teams should be created using this link, and coaches wishing to play in European timezones should apply here, North American timezones here, and Oceanic timezones here.

Cheers!

Phil / Goo.

Rulespack Summary

- Individual, non-progression Blood Bowl!

- Team treasury: 1.20 M gold. All inducements are permitted except Special Play Cards, Mercenaries and Team Wizards. Teams must hire 11 rostered players before adding Star Player

- Format: 6 games of Swiss in approximately 30 team groups formed according to timezone preference (Europe, America, Oceania)

- Weekly rounds

- Skill package 2 double skills, 4 normal, all available before game 1

Very Generous Spike! Prize Support

- The winner of the SMS will receive a free ticket to the Spike! Magazine BB Championship, BC, Canada, worth $50

- In the event the winner cannot attend the Spike!, the prize will be offered to the winner of the North American timezone group (should he not win the playoff). This prize is now available in perpetuity. The winner may cash in any year!

- One coach using a tier 2 or 3 team that has completed all 6 games will be randomly chosen to receive Spike! themed prizes

- The winner of the Stunty Cup will also receive a Spike! themed prize

Application Help

I will accept applications to the group every 48 h. Every tournament, someone misses out on joining us. Don't let that be you! apply, then check the group 48 h later. If you're not there, try again!

Reason: ''
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Spike! Magazine Showdown

Post by rolo »

Applied! Because I didn't have enough of getting humiliated on FumBBL last time! :-D

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Good stuff! Well, apart from humiliation. ;)

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

STOP PRESS! 14th June Update:

As of June 14th, the team treasury has been modified to 1.2 M gold to more closely match the TT Spike! ruleset, and the free ticket prize is now available in perpetuity. The winner may cash in any year! Thanks to the Spike! crew for their generosity.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Ooh, that's pretty awesome!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Just about to submit a team to this. Have made the squad, but left room (and gold pieces) to induce a star player, is that right, or am I going to stitch myself up and be down a player for some reason?

With the skills selection, haven't seen that option on FUMBBL before, does that get done after I have submitted my team.

First online FUMBBL tournament... can you tell!

Alternatively, I could be reading the ruleset completely wrong and those options are only relevant to the tabletop tournament! :oops:

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Hi Jip, thanks for applying. I'll do my first round of accepting teams to the group this evening, so you should see your team listed tomorrow if correctly applied.

Star - you've done the correct thing leaving cash. Upon beginning a Spike! game, the client will force you to spend your remaining treasury, and a pop up box will allow you to pick your star. Make sure to list the star you intend to induce in your team bio ('edit bio' link).

Skills - as long as you used the 'use this link to make a team' link, there should have been a 'pick skills' pop up when you completed your treasury expenditure and clicked 'create team'. After filling that pop up in, you can review the skills any time before kickoff by clicking on 'team options' on your team page.

What is your FUMBBL nickname - Jip? I will ensure that you complete your application correctly and get all of your skills if I know that. Drop me a PM and we'll go from there.

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Yes, that's me. Thanks, I'll get it done by the weekend. Just to check, are the star player prices the same on FUMBBL as they are in the rulebook? Don't want to leave myself 10,000gps short and be screwed for the games! :lol:

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Purplegoo wrote:... so you should see your team listed tomorrow if correctly applied.
Apologies if this should be obvious, but where do I see the teams listed?

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Jip - Stars are the same cost on FUMBBL as they are in the rulebook. I will make a note to check your application when it arrives, just to make sure all is well.

Rolo - If you load up the group you applied to and click the 'teams' tab, you will see a list of the currently accepted teams to the group. I've dropped a link to the Europe group below. Also, if you have applied, an Online NAF listing will appear on your coach overview in the 'groups' list. I see you in Europe!

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=9298&p=teams

rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

awesome thanks!

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Much heralding.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

There is a week remaining to apply for the Spike! Magazine Showdown (SMS), for details, please see above.

As we ramp up the hype train, please be advised that I will be checking submitted rosters this Wednesday (22nd) evening and making sure submissions to date are legal. Then, I am away from the Internet Friday - Sunday (24th - 26th) inclusive. All this means that if you want to be sure that your application is accepted and is correct, do it ASAP. If you leave it until the weekend and I only catch an issue on Monday evening, you may not get time to fix it before we kick off.

I've just accepted all outstanding applications to the group, so if you think you've applied, you should see yourself there. Please check!

Thanks!

Goo.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Cripes, there is a lot going on right now. Football (/ soccer), summer holidays, more exciting new rosters than you can shake a stick at (check FUMBBL out for exciting developments in the world of roster customisation!). But don't forget that the Spike! Magazine Showdown kicks off this Monday at 21:00 UK time. You have until then to apply your team. Don't forget! ;)

I have accepted all previously applied teams to the group and done some checking. All looks well. Come, join us! :D

I'm offline Friday - Sunday inclusive. If you have a question or would like to ensure you've applied correctly by getting your team in before my last acceptance round before the weekend (Friday very early indeed), get going!

Cheers,

Goo.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Final bump!