OBBLM - Conferences on front page Leader Standings?

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

OBBLM - Conferences on front page Leader Standings?

Post by J_Bone »

I've got the new OBBLM installed and am having a couple of issues with conferences. I wondered if anybody might be able to help me out?

The first issue is that I have set up a tournament and entered two conferences into it but cannot add teams to them for some reason. Whenever I try it just says 'Error adding team".

Secondly, does anybody know if there is a way to get the leaderboards on the front page to show the conferences as two separate tables? i.e. A table of results for the Morg conference & a separate table of results for Thorg conference rather than the standings for the tournament as a whole? The 'type' for the standings only appear to allow 'league', 'division' or 'tournament' at the moment.

Thanks for any advice guys!

Reason: ''
The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: OBBLM - Conferences on front page Leader Standings?

Post by Vanguard »

Had a quick play with Conferences (it's not a feature I've used before) and had no problems creating a new league, adding conferences and teams to the conferences. In fact, there seems to be no restrictions on the teams you can add to conferences, I was able to add teams from other Leagues which probably shouldn't be possible.
Might be worth checking that the Conferences and Conference_Teams tables exists in your database - if not, re-run the upgrade process which should add them. If the Conferences module was not enabled when you originally upgraded it may not have been created. Although, I'd have expected an error when creating the Conference rather than when trying to add teams.

Couldn't get the League table to display on the front page although the League Tables page works well and automatically splits the Teams into conferences. Not sure how that's supposed to be set up. The comments in the Conferences module suggest that it supports this but no indication of how.

Not a lot of help I'm afraid.

J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

No worries mate. I had a bit more of a play but couldn't get it to work properly. I spoke to Duncan that runs the Leicester league and settled on re-organising mine to the same way he does his.

Every new season is a new division within the league and you just run tournaments within that division/season to make up the different conferences, play-offs etc.

I think it will work well and it will allow me to put the results up on the front page for all to see.

Nice and simple.

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

On this, if someone else runs into the same issue - check the structure of the conference_teams table in phpmyadmin. If the table has a column called f_tour_id, manually change it to f_team_id and that should solve your adding teams issue.

Not sure on the front page issue either. Anyone have a solution?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Hegel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hegel »

For me on a local installation of NAFLM the conference stuf works (create tournament, create conferences, add teams to conferences, league tables split into conferences).

I can´t display that on the homepage, so no solution here, but the same problem.

juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

Shteve0 wrote:On this, if someone else runs into the same issue - check the structure of the conference_teams table in phpmyadmin. If the table has a column called f_tour_id, manually change it to f_team_id and that should solve your adding teams issue.
Had exactly this problem and your solution worked fine - THANKS!

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
Crematoria
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Crematoria »

Yes me too it's impossible to show conference's standings in the first page

www.legacrematoria.esy.es

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

I've solved the front page standings for conferences. This is how it looks:
http://www.tbbl.obblm.com/index.php?section=main

I'll try to push the code to GitHub during the next weeks.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup