Side Step

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

You are seeing the automatic Titchy roll at the beginning of each kickoff for Norse's extra players ... yes?

Galak

Reason: ''
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Anyway ... sorry for the questions, I'm sure you know how to play this team.... also I'm going to combine your results from the MBBL2 and mine from the MBBL3 to restage the "Bring back the Snotlings" campaign for October. If you win one match with the team during the league, you'll do better than I did. This is definitely not a broken team anymore ...

Right. So then we at the BBRC will get to hear about how we ought to make Goblins, Halflings, and Snotlings "more competitive"! :razz:

(Just kidding.)

-Chet

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

yes we saw the titchy roll. all is well Norse is getting more used to the interface which is the point after all. ps it is fun to squish snots

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Personally Chet ... I think ANYONE who demands that Gobbos, Halfings, and Snots should be more competitive should be put onto the beardy bus and a large weight placed on the accelerator as we head them for the cliff. These are the same people that want the handicap table to guarantee an equal footing match between TR 200 and TR 100 teams .... Tell them all to get stuffed.

The only reason I want the Snotling team back is because using the rules that my league is currently using, the team is a great deal of FUN ... but darn if I could figure out how to actually win with the team under the new rules. The Snotling team doesn't have to be competitive, but I think that since a balanced rule set has been developed for the team ... its a shame to just ignore the team.

I'll get off this band wagon. I'm a big supporter of the revised Snotling team ... Chet is very well aware of this. Back last October I sent him so many emails that he begged me to quit ... so I won't start it up again. I love new teams in BB especially ones that have old BB support and current WFB support ... the Vampires, Brettonians, Khemri, and Snotlings ALL fall into this category ... if Andy Hall is working on a way to add back the Deamom teams with minis .. then I just have no idea of why the revised rules Snotling could not come back in October ... I mean they even already have official BB figs (6 star players and about 30 base players) (assuming the back catalogue didn't destroy the moulds).

Okay okay ... soapbox ... I'm off it ... putting it away ... just really want my Snots back ... grumble, grumble, grumble.

Galak

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Regarding Snotlings, the "half a player on the roster" bit is a big crimping reason NOT to allow them back in. It breaks one of the basic paradigms of the game.

That's not to say Snotlings won't make a comeback in one form or another.

-Chet

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Oh shoot I have to respond to this.

Who cares if they can have 32 players max instead of 16. Heck I cannot see Fanatic caring ... that means double the number of figs to sell per a team ... and 4 Trolls isn't bad for their budget either.

Chet, you yourself told me not that long ago that a good coach can understand when its okay to break a basic paradigm when developing a new team.

See I'm convinced that the people not willing to make this team official are sticks in the mud that have never actually played or seen this team played under the revised rules. Oh forget it. Just had to delete a whole paragraph as I'm about to violate the basic tenants of the board about it being a nice place to visit ... I'll send my thoughts on this to you one last time via private email and drop it.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I think there's probably a lot of coaches who'd like to see them back at some point.
Our league uses Vanilla teams only, but it's tempting to sneak them in.:wink: