MBBL2 ... Round 1 HAS STARTED!!!!!!

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Galak...
I don't think that they are vastly overpowered. The biggest advantage so far is the extra couple of players he has. I like the random mix of skills and mutations. They will help as the team develops. I haven't had the best luck either.... Opening kickoff I get a touchback..rahhhh!!!.....double-skulls, reroll, double-down...boooooo!!! At least the ball is safe but is is 11 on 10 and I don't have any reserves.

Reason: ''
mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

When it rains it pours.... Three dropped accurate passes in 10 total turns. I haven't completed one yet. I realize orcs aren't passing machines but come on! I should be able to complete short passes.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

What a balls up. I cant believe i did it, but i just re-rolled a block from my Wild Animal Rat Ogre. What a complete *******.

Galak. I've sent the file back to my opponent, who is stomping me anyway, told him what has happened. Do i need to do anything else?

Sorry.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

McDeth ....

Two things ...

1) in cases like this you could also send it to me as in many cases I check the boards and email more frequently then your opponents. I could review and let you know what to do as well.

2) One of my goals for the PBeM software is to add a blocking window (like the Dodge, Pass, Catch, GFI) ones. These windows already will not allow you to use team rerolls on failed Big Guy actions ... so once/if I get this window program it will handle not letting you forget about this rule.

Galak

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Nuffle favors those who plan their moves...

Da Squig Humpaz update. 1-1 in OT, no rerolls for either side. On the first round of OT I managed to inflict a fatality and a SI, secure the ball, and setup for the attack. Being cocky from Round 1, I decide that instead of doing the smart thing and moving the ball into the friendly cage, I would throw a 1-die block to inflict more pain. Doh!!! I left my poor thrower out there on the limb and I will probably lose this game. I am such a bonehead!

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

End of the first half Ganeth Phatoms lead 1-0. But it remains five of them to set up for the second half.
Perhaps this half, I could throw a block :lol: on these ogres.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Well my Skaven team are having a hard time against the Blood Dragon Vampires. 3 players in starting line-up with strength 4, Block and Mighty Blow. To make it worse i am 1-0 down and late in the first half my gutter runner has failed hid=s gfi roll to get in the end zone to equalise with no re-rolls left. Still at least i'll have possession again in 2nd Half.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Failed a simple pick up roll to score again.

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Failed a GFI roll to score again :cry:

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

On 2002-03-19 22:21, Trambi wrote:
Failed a GFI roll to score again :cry:
Although failed gfi previous turn i was well in clear only needed to stand up make a dodge with gutter runner, pick up and i was home free. Neeedless to say the dreaded 1 reared its ugly head

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

MC Deth we must make an association of "failed td due to the GFI roll"

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

1-1 in round 7 of OT... thrower scoops up the ball and heaves an accurate long pass to a wide open orc blitzer that would score next turn... ARGH! Another dropped accurate pass... that's 4 in one game. Not one single completion. Although, I have scored one fatality, one SI, and two BH. Still, I would rather have the win... guess I will settle for the tie.

control_freak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by control_freak »

you all think your doing bad, well at least your results are down to bad luck.

im losing to flings and its mainly due to my hasty descisions (yeh that`ll work) and it dosnt.i have 4 CD blockers off the pitch already.

note to self, "sort it out you muppet"

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: control_freak on 2002-03-20 21:30 ]</font>

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Control Freak ... has he hit you with the Hot Pot yet???

Galak

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Hey Conrol Freak
You could always get him with your hostess trolley from the kitchen if he does, mean piece of equipment that. :lol: