MBBL2 round 4 is finally kickstarted

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

MBBL2 round 4 is finally kickstarted

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Lots of late games ... busy programmers ... and the need for a new version of the program before we started all delayed it .. but its off and running again.

My Snotlings are up against Father Tim's all-ALLY Human team ... should be interesting as neither team has any rerolls.

Galak

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I appear to have vamps with no negatraits... :o

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

I'm playing against Animal house :cry:

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Deathwing wrote:I appear to have vamps with no negatraits... :o
The Lahmain roster is 4 ST4/AG4 Vampires but then only Zombies and Skeletons to back the team up. Bottom line ... the entire team is 4 players. Take them out and its all over.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

McDeth wrote:I'm playing against Animal house :cry:
That will teach you to win 3 games in row ... :lol:

Galak

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

McDeth wrote:I'm playing against Animal house :cry:
I am playing Martyns elves.......they have 84 better TR than me :cry:
Well at least only half my team will get killed and not the entire one as it would have been if i had met Animal house :)

NUFFLE SUCKS!
Master Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer´s association
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I get to play without my only good player, 36 of my team rating gone from one handicap.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

sean newboy wrote:I get to play without my only good player, 36 of my team rating gone from one handicap.
For 40k he would come out ... maybe you could panhandle for cash outside the stadium at half time ... :lol:

But seriously Sean .. you had to realize when you decided to play this team that Captain Chaos would be the target of a large number of handicap rolls. .... I mean ... he freaking Captain Chaos for pete's sake!

For those who have never seen Captain Chaos or don't play in the MBBL2 here is his stats:

6/4/4/8
Block, Dodge, Push, Tackle, Dump Off, Leader

and no that is not a star player ... its a normal member of Sean's team and Sean overstated ... Captain Chaos is only worth 28 points of TR to his team. ... of course his team rating is only 156 ... so 28 points is a little bit ... :D

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

The Fimir have got the elementals :-?

Great, another team with lots of unbrakable AV7 :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Captain Chaos is only worth 28 points of TR to his team
My bad. Yea i knew he was a target but i keep hoping that at least my losing streak will throw me a bone and pit me against someone my tr. My only consolation is that at least my opponent starts with fewer players than me. It wouldnt be so bad if i could get more than 2 skills on the entire team in 3 games.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

I've managed to pick up three awesome handicap rolls, though which should help a great deal against Animal house. One stops him using the apothecary ( Whoopee do ), the other increases my Cheerleaders by 1. ( Thank Heaven for small mercies ) and the other is Iron Man, so at least one player shiould survive as being only stunned. :wink:

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Asmodan wrote: I am playing Martyns elves.......they have 84 better TR than me :cry:
Well at least only half my team will get killed and not the entire one as it would have been if i had met Animal house :)
Don't be silly, my elves are complete pansies who couldn't hurt a fly, let alone a rat. With only two re-rolls and no apothecary, this will be a struggle... especially if I roll like I did in the first turn (and don't concentrate properly like I seem to do far too often!).

Oh yeah, despite the elves receiving, the rats apparently have the ball already. I won't know for certain until I open the file this evening... doom and gloom once more.

Martyn

[Message to self: Concentrate on who has which skills you idiot!!]

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Hey, Martyn when in the WBBL going to allow the Tomb Raiders to start playing again so we can here some good stories???

Oh and don't let Martyn fool you ... in his last MBBL game he pretty much stomped on Deathwing. He's one of those tricky coaches I've decided ... convinces you he's not a threat and then suddenly you've lost to him.

However ... if the Axme rolls go well ... I'm sure we will here about it.

Galak

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Hey, Martyn when in the WBBL going to allow the Tomb Raiders to start playing again so we can here some good stories???
No idea... apparently we are somewhere near the end of the last season, so a new one will start again soon. By then I'll have completely forgotten how to play them!!
Oh and don't let Martyn fool you ... in his last MBBL game he pretty much stomped on Deathwing. He's one of those tricky coaches I've decided ... convinces you he's not a threat and then suddenly you've lost to him.
Oh, I'm tricky alright. Sometimes you get me on a good roll when the dice don't bite me too much and I remember what I'm supposed to be doing, and then on other days I just don't seem to have a clue and I my line-elves (without Block) roll double Pow/Skull followed by double skull on the re-roll.

A case in point is my Chaos team in the Lustrian Premier League... they played a particular amazon team in the league and played disastrously, losing 2-0 and never showing any signs of advancing past the halfway line. We met again in the first round of the cup and the score was reversed... no problems pressurizing the amazons when they had the ball and everything worked. No idea why sometimes it all comes together, and sometimes it doesn't. The trouble is that I don't seem to keep it all together for a whole season.
However ... if the Axme rolls go well ... I'm sure we will here about it.
What me complain about dice rolls? No, never! :wink:

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Oh and don't let Martyn fool you ... in his last MBBL game he pretty much stomped on Deathwing. He's one of those tricky coaches I've decided ... convinces you he's not a threat and then suddenly you've lost to him.
He promised to stop whinging on the boards after that too.. "Oh woe is me..I can't play Elves...". My arse! :P
GalakStarscraper wrote:
The Lahmain roster is 4 ST4/AG4 Vampires but then only Zombies and Skeletons to back the team up. Bottom line ... the entire team is 4 players. Take them out and its all over.
Ah yes..take out the ST4 Block Dodge Regen guys...now why didn't I think of that? :roll:

(Actually, put a -1 MA on one of them turn 1 with the 'thirster, but that means squat in the big picture until that regen roll is made or failed..)

And what about that spellcaster Aurauk ally who can throw fireballs around? :o

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."