MBBL Round 3.

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

MBBL Round 3.

Post by Deathwing »

Well, myself and martynq have a pretty good High Elf/ Dark Elf game going on. It's now 1-1 at H-T and I'm kicking, with 9 HEs v. Martyn's 8 DEs
Check out this TD Martyn scored to level it on his final turn of the half:
2+ pick up, 5+ Long Bomb, 2+ Catch, 2+ Hand Off, 3+ Dodge and 2+ Dodge, all without any Skill or Team re-rolls!! :o Nice! 8)

So how's everyone else doing..updates?

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Re: MBBL Round 3.

Post by martynq »

Deathwing wrote: Check out this TD Martyn scored to level it on his final turn of the half:
2+ pick up, 5+ Long Bomb, 2+ Catch, 2+ Hand Off, 3+ Dodge and 2+ Dodge, all without any Skill or Team re-rolls!!
Were I to believe in such things, I'd say this is karma catching up - makes up for the 2+ gfi roll that failed earlier, the 2+ gfi roll that failed for my MBBL2 undead team to not level the match, and the 2+ dodge roll (to be followed by a 2+ pass roll with Pass, and 2+ catch roll with Catch) that failed when I would have won with my MBBL2 high elves.

I guess I can no longer say that I have bad luck. I've just had all my good luck in the one turn. At least this team has managed to score now. :D

Martyn

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Prediction based on the dice rolls so far:

In the battle of the programmers, Ronald Loker's Chaos Dwarves will end up pasting my Halfling team to the wall.

End prediction.

:D

Galak

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

OK the 3rd v 4th Game

Ironhill Mouthsmashers (Dwarves) v Gangrenettes (Undead)

The Gangrenettes won the toss and received. The Dwarves are all Longbeards except for one Runner and one Ogre. Their set up was pretty much all on the line - except for the Runner and a couple back. The Gangrenettes set up one-sided with both Mummies to create a big hole. The kick off was a bad kick... or was it? No it settled on the Gangrenettes weak side an right at the LoS - right next to a Longbeard.

Anyway Plan A went out the window and the next few turns went by with each team trying to get the ball. The lone Dwarf runner dodged and GFI'd for the ball - and KO's himself (rerolled) on the second GFI. The Undead managed to get the ball and threw a long pass to a Ghoul deep in enemy territory. It was inaccurate and the ball scattered short rather than long - giving the dwarves a chance of recovery.

A longbeard waltzed in and picked it up (1 TZ - 5+) and set off on a long march upfield. By this time 4 of the Undead team were KO'd so it wasn't looking good. Fortunately the Longbeard had to move 4 spaces each turn plus 2 GFIs at some stage - without a reroll. However, At turn 8 the Longbeard had 5 spaces to move and a Ghoul with Block dodged to blitz... and fell over. Could the Longbeard score.... nope that dreaded 1 appeared and the dwarf collpsed in the end zone. H/T 0-0 and no SPPs scored!

The 2nd half started and the runner was still KO'd - could the Dwarves score with no ball handler? The Ogre went first and knocked himself down with a Mummy. However the ball was in the middle of a number of Dwarves afer a friendly scatter. The Wights and Ghouls advanced... waiting and hoping for failure. Although the ball was picked up by the Dwarves, it was still vulnerable. A few blocks and a blitz soon freed the ball wich settled in a grateful Ghouls hands. The Dwarves blitzed but couldn't dislodge the ball. The Ghoul advanced and the Mummies and skeletons whacked the Dwarves leaving most on their backsides. One Dwarf GFI'd twice to leave the ball carrier in a TZ. However, with an assist he was blitzed and was badly hurt - 1-0 to the Gangrenettes.

The Dwarf runner was still KO'd so the Dwarves had 4 turns to move the ball upfield. They got the ball which was kicked deep. However, the Longbeard tripped over his own feet going for the second GFI to move the ball upfield. A Mummy KO'd another Longbeard and a Ghoul went for the ball but dropped it.

This is where we are now. It is still possible for the Dwarves to equalise. But they are running out of turns and do not have the ball in hand. I guess there is one easy lesson - you need at least 2 ball carriers in your team..... :D

Dave

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Dave - I mailed my predictions for this round to Tom. No offense to your opponent, but I figured with only one ball handler, he was going to lose, so you better seal the deal! ;)

Lou and I have just started our game. The Amazons set up to kick, the Humans set up on offense, but the Amazons were ready with a Perfect Defense. The Humans got a couple pushes on the (freebooted) war slaves the Manhandlers had picked up in a raid last month, after which they stunned a Linewoman. Their newest thrower flubbed a catch roll, however, and their push stalled before they could do much else.

Hecate Redmoon, the ST4 Catcher, blew a hole in the middle of the Human line. A Linewoman ran through at top speed to put a tackle zone on the thrower who had dropped the pass. The war slaves were under orders to defend the strong side, and they did so. Another two Amazons flooded through the hole in the line and got in the way of a couple Human players.

Then the Manhandlers set up a foul, which hurt a Blitzer but got Porsa 'Manhandler' Svenson ejected! Fortunately for the Manhandlers, Thalestris the Conqueror was able to berate the manling referee into overturning the call. After finishing their weak-side moves, they await the response of the Marvels.

-Chet

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Acerak - you will be please to know that your prediction must come true..... The Gangrenettes are now leading 2-0 and the Dwarves have 2 turns to score 2 TDs to equalise.... do you think they can do it? :lol:

Oh the runner has decided to make a final appearance... think I may use him for target practice.... if he comes close! :wink:

Dave

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Update: New Marvels quarterback Kyle Raynor caused yet another turnover when he fell over attempting to elude Kara Kellson of the Manhandlers. The rest of the Manhandlers swarmed into position, after which Kellson scooped up the ball for the easy score.

The oppressive heat has had quite the effect on both sides. No one seems to have much energy - in fact, only three players were knocked down by blocks in the early going. The Marvels have been quite sluggish, but the Manhandlers are not without their own problems. Team captain Manessa "The Mangler" Manglesson and one of the newly acquired war slaves are on the sidelines being treated for heat exhaustion as the second drive begins. This leaves the Amazons shorthanded against their hydrated human foes, who are all fit to play for this next kick-off.

The Manhandlers will field only ten players for this drive.

-Chet

P.S. Fortunately, I have all four re-rolls. My opponent used two in the first two turns, and neither of them worked on 3+ rolls.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Chet is playing in one of the conditions that I love playing in for PBeM.

Chet once told me that PBeM has shock value because you roll for armour and since everything is automated ... wham ... suddenly the player is Dead ... its shocking when you are used to the delay between armour and ultimate injury.

Sweltering Heat is another one like that. Its fully automated for anyone that was on the pitch. So one second you are scoring a TD, and one button push later and a 1/3 of your bench has turned yellow and is out of the game. Its a fun condition to see happen. Sorry for the bright yellow, Chet ... Delphi has a limited color pallette for the style of graphics Ronald and I are using and this was one of the only colors not used for something else yet. :D

Galak

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Bright yellow was cool...but, yeah, I was shocked! :)

Hey, it didn't check the bench, did it? I don't think it did - I know I didn't lose my lone bench player to it - but it's not supposed to.

-Chet

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

No it didn't check the bench if you left her there.

The game tracks which players have been on the pitch.

So you have to be careful or you can fool the program. Example, pulling everyone onto the pitch and then removing the ones you don't want will make the program think they all played ... no good way to stop this from happening.

As long as the player doesn't see the pitch, no Sweltering Heat rolls. Program does the game thing for anyone with a Secret Weapon Penalty roll (SW #+).

Galak

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

It's turn 2, and I've already suffered a Blitz on the kick-off and double 1's on a GFI.

I give up.

:roll:

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Tom -

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but it's supposed to check only those players on the field when the TD is scored!

From the Handbook, p20:

"It's so hot and humid that some players collapse from heat exhaustion. Roll a D6 for each player on the field after a touchdown is scored."

I guess if they've left the field they've had plenty of time to recover! :)

-Chet

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Hmmmm .... well small difference as I think these rolls are made before KO ... the only errors would be players pushed off the pitch into reserves.

But I'll see what I can do to make it only those on the pitch .. might be tricky though as the flags don't really track that.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Mine and Martyn's game finished with a 2-1 win for my High Elves. Makes a change for the pair of us to come through a game unscathed!!!
Bought an apoth. and also rolled an agility increase for my Phoenix Warrior! 8) :smoking:
Still only starting with 10 next round though!

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

...and I'm pleased that at last I've managed to score. Well, 3 losses out of 3, mmm, not a great record so far. :cry:

Martyn