MBBL Round 3.

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Looks like you'll be playing my Halfling team in Round 4, Martyn .... :lol:

Galak

Reason: ''
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

So that will be four losses out of four for my team then. :o

Martyn

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

My game against the Marvels has taken a small turn south. It seems that the heat is affecting my players rather badly, because I now have three of them in the KO box! This leaves me with seven players to defend the push. Unfortunately, two of them are still stunned.

Last turn, I tried a one-die Blitzer-on-Blitzer block, rolled a skull, re-rolled it into a push, then immediately went double-down/skull on the next block. And that player got KO'd!

That's how it goes sometimes. On the plus side, I should have an edge on players for the next drive because of the heat wave...but we'll see how it goes! If I get a chance to take down the ball carrier, I may yet stall the drive. The Humans are down to one Team Re-roll to cover the last three turns.

-Chet

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

My Manhandlers have five players on the pitch. Three of these are prone. The other two are standing. Meanwhile, my opponent has nine players standing. Unfortunately, I just tried to get the ball, and it scattered to him for free! He caught it, too.

So on the minus side, he has the ball. On the plus side, he has two turns and no re-rolls. On the minus side, he might score to tie the game before halftime. On the plus side, I'll probably suffer less from the Sweltering Heat and will get two chances to bring back my 4 KO'd players instead of one.

Also on the plus side, I have all 12 players out of the D&I box. He has two of his twelve out for the game.

I'll keep you posted...

-Chet

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Well i've drawn martyn's awesome Undead team in round 3 with my Chaos dwarves. i've had a lucky start with some useful handicap rolls which has enabled me to Foul one of his mummy's and Zombies onto the bench. He's still got a Strength 4 Wight and an Agility 4 Ghoul, but considering i can foul freely due to the cards, i've got a feeling he may be keeping the Ghoul away from me. have to say i was a little concerned but the handicap cards have certainly evened this one up.

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

McDeth wrote:Well i've drawn martyn's awesome Undead team in round 3 with my Chaos dwarves.
Ahah! I've just realized why this team is doing well. First, Mark referred to them as the famed Tomb Raiders, and now McDeth refers to them as awesome. Their success is clearly a result of others' opinions of them, rather than a function of the coach himself. :)
McDeth wrote:i've had a lucky start with some useful handicap rolls which has enabled me to Foul one of his mummy's and Zombies onto the bench. He's still got a Strength 4 Wight and an Agility 4 Ghoul, but considering i can foul freely due to the cards, i've got a feeling he may be keeping the Ghoul away from me.
I'm hoping those two players come back sooner rather than later (they're currently KO'd). I think the St4 player is actually a zombie. The ghoul is actually AG5, and of course I'm keeping him away from you. His job is to deal with the ball... he has strict instructions not to get involved in any blocking!!!!
McDeth wrote:have to say i was little conderned but the handicap cards have certainly evened this one up.
Yep, I'm not at all happy about the result of the handicap rolls, so I guess they have evened things up. Perhaps people will stop saying how well I've been doing with the undead by the end of this match.

(This is probably in the wrong thread, mind you. It should be in the MBBL2 thread, not the MBBL one.)

Martyn

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Update: The Manhandlers and the Marvels are tied at 1 as they enter the second half. Two more Manhandlers are out for the drive exhausted, including resident DP Porsa "Manhandler" Svenson. The Manhandlers are receiving, and they have 10 players against 7 for the Marvels thanks to the following factors:

1. All four KO'd players came back just before halftime.
2. Every Marvel that hits the ground seems to be out for the game!

Yes, the heat is having quite the effect on this wild affair.

-Chet

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Hmm. Everything was going along nicely for my Amazons, and then I had to make one little dodge...and promptly put my ST4 Catcher out for next week!

I decided to take the risk, so I used my Apothecary even though there were no permanent effects. I need that player - and besides, that's why I had freebooters this week, so I could protect the "real" players! :)

-Chet