MBBL2 Round 3

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Arvandoria Athletic vs. Army of Darkness

Post by martynq »

The match between my High Elves and Bob's Khemri finished at 1-1 at the end of the second half. There were no TDs scored in the second half despite it being the khemris' drive. Overtime and I lost the toss (don't I always in OT?), so the khemri get another go. I could field 10 players, whereas he'll manage 11. Neither team has any re-rolls.

If I get some good luck, then I could win this. So I guess I'll lose!

Martyn

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

The Spirit team was one of the first teams that I started playtesting many years ago.

The orginial internet version of the team by Julian Smith was a bookkeeping nightmare as the chill ability added +1 ST to the player anytime the player rolled for injury after breaking armour. The +1 ST lasted for the amount of time the opponent was injured (ie 2 turns for stunned, KO until returned, BH+ the whole game).

The Banshees also STARTED with Dodge and the entire team was very, very, inexpensive.

The whole concept of a more agility based rather than ST based (ie Undead, Vampire) undead team really appealled to me so we started working on correcting the bookkeeping and balance.

The Ghosts were given Ethereal at the cost of a point of AG, this gives them the ability to really mess with cages and the like but not be abusive.

The Banshees were toned down on the suggestion of John Kipling Lewis. Dodge was removed and the price went up and # available down. Used to be 0-4 for 70k with Dodge ... now its 0-2 for 90k with no Dodge.

The team is interesting because you get a lot of movement options with the Ethereal skill but your team breaks very easily. All SI rolls are treated as Dead until the player reaches 31 SPPs at which point all SIs are treated as Badly Hurt.

I was glad to see Brian play the team, I played tested for several times to get the rules right. Even wrote an article of Blood Bowl Magazine for the team. It won't see the light of day, I'm guessing but I was very proud of that article as it was my first try.

Anyway Dave, the fact that you beat the team proves to me that its pretty balanced as Brian is a heck of a coach. Your team's AV 7 is why Chill seemed so powerful to you ... against Orcs its not nearly so good.

Galak

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Galak,

I don't think that they are broken. Just think that is easy to think "this team are going to be easy".... when they are not (just look at the stats and except for the Banshees they are very ordinary). Chill, Hypno Gaze and Ethereal are all powerful "extras". The key to the team are the Banshees - if there were 4 of them ouch! I targetted the Banshees whenever I could - obviously Brian kept them hidden most of the time... but when I had a chance..... whack (and then kick!)! Having said that if we had the same team rating I think the result would have been different - I managed a few KO's but couldn't do any more! Chill certainly makes you think about using Piling On - even with Jump Up, my Piling On blitzer stayed on the deck for several turns (NB I didn't Pile On that much!).

Dave

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

There was a riot for the first five turns of overtime in the match between the high elves and the khemri, so this could be heading for a tie.

Martyn

martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

I am the worst elf coach ever!!!! :roll:

Yes, Army of Darkness have beaten Arvandoria Athletic 2-1 with a touchdown in the last turn of overtime. It was a close game, but things went against me just at the end. Rolling double skull at the beginning of my last turn was the end of it. At least I managed to avoid being splattered by mummies, coming away with only one casualty suffered (a badly hurt player), so I'll have a full team of 14 elves available for the next set of bashers to maraud against me in Division A.

Cheers,
Martyn

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Gee wonder if that wording could be prophetic.
so I'll have a full team of 14 elves available for the next set of bashers to maraud against me in Division A.
Tho i doubt it, i have won my latest 2-1. Tho it sucks i could have gotten another advance for backstabber if i had only picked up a ball on a 3+.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

sean newboy wrote:Gee wonder if that wording could be prophetic.
so I'll have a full team of 14 elves available for the next set of bashers to maraud against me in Division A.
No, Arvandoria Athletic won't be playing Blackskull's Bashers anytime soon, I think Sean. To spot where the elf team is, you need to look *way* down near the bottom of the table. :oops:

Martyn

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Then u will never know how it feels, only one more in season match for the Bashers, im gonna miss playing them.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Actually 2 more games i forgot that was only round 3 for div a.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329