hello to everyone

Moderator: TFF Mods

grandma
Experienced
Experienced

hello to everyone

Post by grandma »

Want to say hi to everyone in this forum.

Been here a few days, looking around and am still enthusastic about BloodBowl and especially the forum.

After buying the game this christmas (finaly after 10 years :oops: ) I cruised the net and saw a few things traveller has done - phewww.
I was captured :D .
traveller introduced me to the forum and now I see that there are so many others that have an interest in the game and so many that are talented in designing their minis aso....

I´m a Newby and will stay a newby for quite some time but I´d like to share the community nevertheless ;-)

So it hapens I have a question in my first post ;-) :
I am not able to participate in the bloodbowl Tournament in Cologne/Germany in february because of my low skill (or should I say no skill at all ;-) ) but I asked the guys over at GamesWorkshop if there is any chance to come there as a visitor (looking, learning and seiing some Minis :-) ). I have never heard anything.
Does anybody of you know if it is possible to enter the tournament-locations as a visitor or is it "behind closed doors".

Thanx in advance

grandma

Reason: ''
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Welcome to the forum ... 8)

No idea, but it's youth hostel, i don't think the security will be that tight ...
as a side note, as long as you manage to finish a game in approx. 2h and know the standard rules there should be nothing to keep you from playing. The swiss ranking will make sure that you meet players of a similar skill and experience level (If you lose 3, you will meet another coach who has lost 3). Bring Flings or Gobbos if you need an excuse for your ego :D

For visiting, i'd keep asking GW via email, they usually reply to one of it.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Welcome!

Over here they allow spectator's at a reduced rate. This is mainly a pass for parents who don't want to let their kids go alone to a tourney/convention. I don't see why they wouldn't let you watch, but best to check with them.

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
grandma
Experienced
Experienced

Post by grandma »

Thanx Tim and Melifaxis!

Tried to email GW again. Hope they reply this time.

Tim :
as a side note, as long as you manage to finish a game in approx. 2h and know the standard rules there should be nothing to keep you from playing
I play for about 4 weeks now and most of the time introducing new ("newer") players to the game :wink: (my enthusiasm works very well - all five I introduced seem as excited about the game as me :wink: - all want to join a new league).
Problem is - I dont have a team ready yet. Bought an Ogre and a goblin for my Orc team but I am far from finished painting. After what I saw here I try to do the painting as good as I can manage - unfortunaly (but I knew that before) far from the standarts presented here :wink: .
But I am patient - in a few decades I am nearly as good as traveller ;-)

I am building a dugout - works pretty good - but keeps me from painting these minis. And my holiday is at an end - so I dont think I can manage painting them in time.
But if I see a chance - I sign in for Cologne and maybe meet some of the guys posting here :-)

Thanx again guys

Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

Welcome !!
just go play the tournaments !!
its lots of fun and whi cares if he looses? Its for fun not?

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

Hi Gradma, welcome to the club... as i told you, you doing this at your own risk ! :wink:
Bought an Ogre
... watch out, after the new rulez , Orcs are no more allowed to enter a ogre into their teams. Thats also one of the reason , i´m converting a troll now for my orcteam... :roll:

Just post a pict, if you finish something ( pitch, dugout or mini ). Maybe it will not take decades for you as you thought if i see Djengis Gobbo ( a very fast learner !!! :o) ... :wink:

Traveller

grandma
Experienced
Experienced

Post by grandma »

Hi Djengis and traveller,

thanks for your welcomes and encouraging words :-)

I will post a few things if they are ready as did Djengis : Nice work, indeed!!
... watch out, after the new rulez , Orcs are no more allowed to enter a ogre into their teams. Thats also one of the reason , i´m converting a troll now for my orcteam...
What????? ... Hey, don´t do that....... Dont say.... AAAArghhh ;-)

I thought the living rulebook in the last revision is the "bible"!!
BIG GUYS: Ogre - Allied Teams :: Orc

Why isnt that right ????
(The Ogre Cheerleader I already bought will be not so happy if the big guy cannot play!!!)
--- and she isn´t in love with the troll I haven´t bought jet ;-)

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

...about the ogre, please check german version of the rulez errata...

http://www.bloodbowl.de/
-downloads
-Blood Bowl Update & Errata (gepackte Word-Datei, 6KB)

after opening the zip you can read the word doc...
Änderungen im dt. Regelbuch (2002):
S. 24 Ersetze im Eintrag OGER die befreundeten Teams durch „Chaos, Menschen und Norse“.
:(

Traveller

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

However, i don't think it will be a big issue in most leagues and tournaments if you proxy that Troll with an Ogre mini.

After all, we've seen Treemen built from Lego ... :wink:

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
campaigner
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by campaigner »

A friend of mine had a cute lil tree from Überraschungseier which he used as a treeman. later on, he replaced him with a new one he cut from a real branch.

welcome to the forum, grandma.

Switzerland is small and neutral.
We're more like Germany. Ambitious. And misunderstood.
- Prof. Farnsworth, Futurama
Pushag
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Pushag »

welcome.

Nice to see that im not the only newbie here :)

/-p-