Any players in Belfast

Moderator: TFF Mods

kihon
Rookie
Rookie

Any players in Belfast

Post by kihon »

Hi folks

Are there any players out there in my area, N. Ireland, Belfast, that what to or already get together to play. :lol:

Reason: ''
'Oh........
I'm a rocket and I'm OK
A drink all night
And a sleep all day'

Rip Van Winkle
Filov
Rookie
Rookie

I'm in Belfast....

Post by Filov »

Hey,
I've been looking (half heartedly I admit but still) for a league in Belfast, but haven't had any luck finding one yet.

I asked at the local GW about BB leagues and got such a sneering retort that I figured it was best to just keep my mouth shut.....

anyways, I live in Belfast (near Queen's University) and wouldn't mind playing a few games now and then....

Cheers,

kihon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kihon »

Yo,

Have you been playing long, I'm a newbie, don't even have a team yet lol, using old mini's, and a home made board to work out rules.

So did the peeps in GW shop not like blood bowl or something???

Do you mind playing with old farts lol :lol:

'Oh........
I'm a rocket and I'm OK
A drink all night
And a sleep all day'

Rip Van Winkle
Filov
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Filov »

I haven't played many TT games (maybe one or two) but I definitely enjoy the TT experience. I was introduced to the game through Fumbbl by a mate back home (Calgary, Candada) and have been playing on and off for about a year.

I am in the process of finishing painting my wood elf team and I have the two teams that came with the boxed set painted to various degrees.

And the clerk in the GW shop apparently hasn't like BB since they changed the rules in the second edition or something.... still you figure I'm buying GW product and such he would at least keep up the pretense of being supportive...

As for old farts.... I don't mind at all... (and it would be interesting to know how you define 'old fart' there is a poll in the general chat talking about the age of bb'ers....)

Cheers,

"Punk is the personal expression of uniqueness that comes from the experiences of growing up in touch with our human ability to reason and ask questions." - Greg Graffin
IronAge_Man
Veteran
Veteran

Post by IronAge_Man »

Ignore the GW employees in Castlecourt; for my opinion of them, see posts by Colin (me) in the following FUMBBL link, which asks much the same question as this thread.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpB ... highlight=