What team should i start with?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Frozenflame
Rookie
Rookie

What team should i start with?

Post by Frozenflame »

I was thinking of starting Skaven or WE but WEs just look wrong though their stats seem quite good. So anyway, I think i'll either start skaven, HE or DE because of their high AG and MA. Which one should i start and y? Can someone explain to me their strengths and weaknesses?

Btw, it's quite hard to find BB models here and lots of ppl mail order it. Because of (financial) reasons, i want to convert the players myself.
For HE and DE I think 40k eldar guardian models wouldn't look that bad. For skaven, i guess i can use the plastic warriors from fantasy. Any other suggestions?

Reason: ''
BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: What team should i start with?

Post by BadMrMojo »

Frozenflame wrote:...For HE and DE I think 40k eldar guardian models wouldn't look that bad...
I still want to make a Elf team with Howling Banshees for Catchers, Striking Scorpions for Blitzers and that pointing Dire Avenger Exarch for a Thrower. Some day...

Most people are all going to say, "Start with Human or Orc." It's generally good advice but someone's got to give an opposing view point. Sounds like you like flashy teams. Good man. The downside to all these elves and rats is that they die. And when they do, it hurts. A lot. So long as you can roll with the punches - and there will be many - you'll do great.

Check the strategy and tactics section for more detailed advice but if you have a particular team (or group of teams in this case) that intrigues you, stick with that and enjoy it. Be sure to try out a few other teams too (with proxy minis or borrow some, if need be).

Frozenflame
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frozenflame »

I never really start any army (or team in this case) that's featured in the starter box. So that might explain my choice with the rats and the elves. After looking at the rules a few times, i think i wanna stick to teams that can do the running game. Because of that i want a team with high AG and MA.

Actually, forget abt the rats. I never really liked them. So can someone convince me to take either DE or HE? And how i can convert the models?

Fondu77
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Fondu77 »

skaven is so cool...

but if you play in league...

prepare some tissu :lol:

Mainstreaming is a illness.
alligators.eu to buy some of my minis !
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Dark Elves: Best played with an experienced coach. Like all Elf rosters, a primary weakness is their inability to start with many position players. A favored roster for long leagues is 2 Blitzers, 2 RR, 7 FF and the rest lineman. DE's have average armor, average movement and good agility. The only thing they've really got over other Elf rosters is the Witch Elves, which can let them own the sidelines against many teams. Like all Elf rosters, they find it pretty easy to spread out the SPP's and build a team with evenly spread out experience.

Wood Elves: Again, can't start with many position players. Beginning with a Wardancer is a must. WE's suffer from low armor, and need to try and score at every opportunity to get KO's back. Getting depth on the roster should be a primary concern. WE speed and leap on the Wardancers mean that you should almost always have a shot at popping the ball loose, but it take some experience to figure out when to take your chance. Again, as Elves you can spread out the experience fairly easily.

Skaven: Cheap and fast, Skaven can start with most of their position players. Rat Ogre will let you control sideline against almost any team. Try to score with non-GR's on offence, just to spread around the TD's. GR's make great defensive players, should be fine making points there. Biggest Skaven flaw is of course the armor. Try to get some depth on the roster, and be careful about following up. Storm Vermin are your damage sponges.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

No problem. Dark Elves give you the best balance for throwing and running of all the teams and therefore the greatest choice of on field tactics. You will never get bored playing these guys. You also need a good tactical brain to do well with them as they can get hurt but also outpaced. However all this makes them so fun to play and very few DE coaches will use them the same way. I tend to score as quick as I can because I like to counter punch. I also try and spread my defence out to force dodges and re-rolls and hope for interceptions. Like all Elven teams they will do a lot of what you ask them to so it is worth taking more risks.
Take Dark Elves, they are cool, hip and trendy 8) ....and pull the birds.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Pritchard
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pritchard »

i started with skaven and i have never lost with them. tied, yes. lots of dead ratss, yes, but i have never lost.

mommy took me to communist cell meetings when i was a kid.
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=37fc5c2a-7aed-3bfc-1dc2-5c6f71f87cea&size=sm[/img]
NUFFLE SUCKS!

Novice Heretic
Frozenflame
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frozenflame »

how bout the high elves and the pro elves?
are eldar models ok to use for DE linemen?

man@BB
Experienced
Experienced

Post by man@BB »

are eldar models ok to use for DE linemen?
You could just chop the swords of dark eldar witches.
how bout the high elves and the pro elves?
I just made a striking team for pro-elves out of warhammer wardancers and white lions for blitzers. Wardancers look great for any non evil elf team.

------------------------
Men...... O right @BB
Mad Banker
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mad Banker »

When choosing which Bloodbowl teams (or which WH40 armies for that matters) I will play, I NEVER make my choice by looking at their stats but I always choose those whose background I like (most important reason why I play Bloodbowl or 40K... the background is sooooo cool) and whose minis make me drool of impatience to paint them...

In other words, never choose a team because it seems the strongest... take the team whose looks and history appeals the most to you (and you'll find it all the more interesting to make them a force to be reckoned with! 8) )

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I think 40K models are fine for BB, though not all would agree with me. Take a look at Kools' conversions on the miniatures forum if you havn't already done so. My team is now a mixture of Phiggs, 40K and GW BB minis.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Frozenflame
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frozenflame »

Well, like the DE's background and i also play DE in WHFB. I like how the eldar guardians look and i think i would like painting them.

Now i like looking at the stats and how teams or armies work before buying any of them coz i don't want to regret it. I don't really mind abt painting coz i like most gw models except for WHFB's empire and VC.

harald
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harald »

Any elf team is by far the easiest to play offensively since basically everything you do is on 2+. The lack of strength can be a liability on defense but you can employ all kinds of versatile defense since you have those annoying 2+:es everywhere and can dodge around in TZs as well.

Apostle of Nuffle
scelf
Rookie
Rookie

Post by scelf »

Elves of any flavor - They are the best team to play and I am NOT BIASES AT ALL. hehe.
Beware if you play elves, don't get discouraged if :
a. In game 1 you loose your catcher and can't afford the 110K to replace that favorite Pro Elf Catcher for 2 games. :cry:
b. You don't learn to end your turn by standing beside more than 1 of the other team, and therefore DIE. :oops:
c. You need to restart your team after 3 or 4 games due to injuries caused by a and b. They will catch back up quickly :o .
d. You can't handle the pansy jokes that WILL come. :wink:

If any of the above make you even a little queasy. Be an Ugly Orc or Little Dwarf.

I like the 40K conversion idea. That would be way Kewl.

Da SiC Elf

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

You don't get pansy jokes if you play Darkies. Give a lineman DP to hit any particularly annoying Coach by taking out his fav player.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic