DARK ELVES AND LIzARDMEN

Moderator: TFF Mods

sven
Veteran
Veteran

DARK ELVES AND LIzARDMEN

Post by sven »

i have recently started playing bloodbowl again after about thirteen years off, and continued with the teams i had Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs, although these are fun to play with i wanted teams that suit the throwing and running game. so i have invested in Dark Elves and Lizardmen. i have been playing practice games and have been getting cained badly :cry: :oops: . i find scoring with them easy :P but when it comes to defending i just cant stop the tide, especially against the F*****G boring Chaos teams :evil: . has any one got any advice on defending as they will be entering a new league soon and i dont fancy getting a whooping.

the starting line ups are

Dark elves = 2 witch elves, 2 blitzers, one thrower, six lineman

Lizrdmen = 4 saurus, 7 skinks

Reason: ''
when i looked like loosing i may of, but not any more.
leblanc13
Veteran
Veteran

Post by leblanc13 »

Don't play Chao's game. If you opt to hit, hit, hit then you will eventually lose due to attrition. Use your agility to your advantage to dodge away from bad situations. Make smart hits. Pick on isolated players and concentrate on fouling the beastmen to whittle down the chaos teams numbers. I would probably start with fewer positional players and purchase more rerolls to start with. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a higher fan factor to start with.

Recommended list for Dark Elves:

10 linemen (700k)
1 Thrower (90k)
2 RR (100k)
6 FF (60k)
Apothecary (50k)

Start buying players and rerolls from there. I would purchase my witch elves first, then rerolls, then blitzers.

With the lizards, you can afford to hit a little more. Dodge your skinks away at every opportunity to get away from any heavy hitter. They are stunty and will get injured often if you let them get hit enough.

Use your speed to outdistance your opponents. Your slowest player moves 6, so your slowest player is as fast as Chaos' fastest player. Keep on the pressure and hopefully you will be able to pick off isolated players by fouling with your skinks.

Recommended list for Lizardmen:

4 Saurus (320k)
6 Skinks (360k)
1 Kroxigor (130k)
2 RR (120k)
7 FF (70k)

Or

6 Saurus (480k)
5 Skinks (300k)
3 RR (180k)
4 FF (40k)

Both teams have something to offer to you early on. I would go with the 2nd list as it gives you your max number of saurus right away and gives you three RR to start with.

7 times consecutive winner of every major tournament....IN MY HEAD!!!
sven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sven »

THANKS ALOT FOR THIS IT WILL BE A GREAT HELP, JUST LOOKING FORWARD TO KICKING SOME BEASTMAN ARSE NOW. :lol: :D :wink:

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Using CAPTIALS is considered shouting. Don't do it.

Use the search function at the top of the page to find threads about Dark Elves or Lizardmen. There is plenty of good stuff around.

In general every team ought to start with at least 2 rerolls (and "cheap" teams should aim for 3 or 4) and a high Fan Factor (7-9) - although if you are playing less than 10 games with the team then that isn't as important.

A lot of coaches will not start with an apoth or 12th player (you have to have at least 11) but in some cases - particularly where you've got stunties or Av7 it may be advisable (e.g. Lizardmen).

As for getting beaten by Chaos - why is he beating you? Is he playing clock control? i.e. he uses the rest of the half to score - leaving you no time to equalise? Is he caging up (surrounding the ball carrier so you can't blitz him easily) and you don't know how to break it down?

In general Elven defences rely on getting the timing right. You can't throw everyone into the path of a bashing team's drive. You have to choose your moments to commit people - and in the mean time try to isolate small groups of Beastmen and beat them up. Beastmen are just as easy to hurt as line elves...

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
sven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sven »

Sorry about writing in capitals, and that is exactly what is happening, he keeps caging the ball in with his warriors just pusing my line back, until he can break out and score.

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I agree with Double Skulls. I always dodge out of tackle zones in defence giving him only one opportunity to hit me. It slows his drive down and enables me to look for any weaknesses.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
sven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sven »

thanks for your advice :lol: :P i am playong them later tonight and will try your tip out as they are one of the only teams i have trouble stopping.

sven

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

When you decide to attack the cage remember its a 2 turn process.

The first turn you try to tie down as many of his corner men as possible (ideally blitzing one to get 2 of your players next to the ball carrier). Then, with a bit of luck, he can't escape - or even if he does he doesn't have enough men to reform the cage. Once you can hit the ball carrier you ought to be able to dictate the pace of the drive better.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
sven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sven »

i only went and did it :P :D i beat the friggin chaos two nil my first ever win against them, addmitadley i had some lucky dice rolls but you need that soemtimes. and i started to take more risks and they payed off.
thanks everyone for all your advice it has really helped develop my gaming, and if possible can you keep it coming.

sven

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Good for you mate! :D I also meant to say that when you dodge out only move within 2 squares of him. This is what really slows his drive down. If luck goes your way they get desperate and feel forced to throw it, so keep close to any lone catchers and hope to intercept. If you keep spread out this helps. Your other option, other than the good advive by Double Skulls on hitting the cage, is to hit any lone "catchers," whilst still keeping 2 squares away from the cage.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
Lord Rodney
Rookie
Rookie

warning to sven

Post by Lord Rodney »

my advice dude is to just give in. you can't beat me bwahaahaahaa!

kind regards

lord rodney

"when in doubt, break someones knee-cap"
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Dark Elves are made of sterner stuff. :)

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic