Minotaur or Troll

Moderator: TFF Mods

sven
Veteran
Veteran

Minotaur or Troll

Post by sven »

just wanna ask what you would go for in a Chaos Dwarf team as i have a bit of money spare, i will proberly go for a minotuar because of the better movement, horns and frenzy. where as the trolls as as thick as @*~# and only have mighty blow and regenerate. although i see that most coaches go for a troll, what would your advice be.

sven

Reason: ''
when i looked like loosing i may of, but not any more.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Several conversations about this he the teams and tactics section.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Arkan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arkan »

Reconsider the Troll, if you ask me ... 8)

BunnyPuncher
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BunnyPuncher »

Troll. Save that apo for your 130K bull centaurs...

Elf Mangling Union (EMU)
Founder and President
leblanc13
Veteran
Veteran

Post by leblanc13 »

Correction: 130k Bull Centaurs

In regards to the topic at hand, I would recommend the troll if you can afford to have a hobgoblin babysit it for the game. The new rules for wild animal are not quite as good as really stupid as there is no way to offset wild animal. You can always reduce really stupid players to only being boneheads if you keep them in contact with another player on the team, either a chaos dwarf blocker or a hobgoblin.

BTW: I love the Chaos Dwarves! They are a totally underrated team since the Handbook was rereleased. They are a tough team that is still able to score. Excellent choice.

7 times consecutive winner of every major tournament....IN MY HEAD!!!
sven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sven »

Thanks everyone for you advice (nice to hear from Leblanc13 again :lol: ), i did want to go for a troll but am being put off by him being really stupid. as i play with an Ogre in my Dwarf team and am for ever rolling p*****g one's for him being bone head, in a game he moves about a total of ten squares :x :evil: :cry: . so the jury is still definatly out, but i feel very confident with this team as it is so i may not include a big guy, as i think the development of the BC's could be the clincher and winner in many matches.

when i looked like loosing i may of, but not any more.
leblanc13
Veteran
Veteran

Post by leblanc13 »

You hit that one on the nose Sven. BCs are the be all end all of your team. Each player on the CD team has their role, but the BC is the one that can perform both ball handling and blitzing equally well.

I usually don't take a big guy on my CD team as the BC's really fill that roll in nicely. I suppose it is good to have a big guy on the roster as well, but it is by no means necessary.

YEAH! I'm a VETERAN now!

7 times consecutive winner of every major tournament....IN MY HEAD!!!