Newbie help...

Moderator: TFF Mods

Cal
Rookie
Rookie

Newbie help...

Post by Cal »

Hi all. I've just discovered the pbemBB software and have been trying it out a bit (the 1.6 version).
However, I saw a link here on these boards to a version 2.2 Beta which I downloaded, but I haven't been able to get it to work - I get an error message saying "invalid filename".

Does anyone know what might be the reason for this? The 2.2 Beta looked a bit stripped down, only consisting of one file, the .exe, while the 1.6 version contained a whole bunch of files...

Thanks for any help. :)

Reason: ''
Cal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cal »

Solved part of my problem. There was a second zip-file with a bunch of files I needed. :)

However, now I ran into another problem. I downloaded a saved game from the RABBL league to see how a game ran, but when I open the game save it runs through all the moves, then I get an error message that says
Access violation at address 004A5657 in module 'pbembb22beta.exe". Read of address 37AC3944
Is this because there are roster images missing perhaps?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

As the version of the software change occassionaly it changes enough that you cannot load older games as expected variables are not present in the saved game.

I'll see if I can send you a 2.2 game and if you can view it.

Galak

hmmmmmmmm ... cancel that ... Cal send me an email at
tom.anders@blood-bowl.net

and I'll hook you up with some 2.2 matches to review.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Oh and if you played with 1.6c at all .... you're going to be really surprised by the upgrades in 2.2 Beta.

Galak

Cal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cal »

Alright, I've sent you a mail. Thanks for the help. :)