4th Ed. vs V 1.3 Living Rules....

Moderator: TFF Mods

JohnBark
Rookie
Rookie

4th Ed. vs V 1.3 Living Rules....

Post by JohnBark »

guys, i'm confused. as a relative newbie to PBeM BB. I have downloaded the Living Rulebook with V1.3 rules. However, I've seen reference to 4th Edition rules. Where can I get a copy of the 4th Edition Rules to take advantage of the new races? Thanks!

Reason: ''
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

v1.3 is the latest version, 4th ed. came before it.. yes I know it doesn't make sense ;)

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Pantera
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pantera »

Think of v1.3 of the Living Rules as a revision number. Its still based on Blood Bowl 3rd edition.

To make it more complicated, the Living Rules are made from the Rules Review 2001 agreement. That is a bunch of Blood Bowl veterans, with Jervis Johnson as boss. Some of them are on this board.

First we have Blood Bowl 3rd edition. Then came the 4th edition that were scrapped (as official rules, you can still play it as house rules of course) as many didn't like the new rules. So to correct this the Rules Review comitee was made, and the RR2001 was made, which is a update on the 3rd edition, it corrects many things that could go wrong with 3rd edition.

The Living Rules are a PDF file with the most current updated rules (including errata and re-writes for clarification) of the RR2001. V1.3 of this book is just the lates fixes for the RR2001.

Soon there is a RR2002 meeting I think, and we will get smaller rules changes (most agree that RR2001 is very good, and that it doesn't need much change).

I would like the Living Rules to jump to v2.0 after RR2002, to reflect the year 2002 edition. v3.0 for RR2003 etc. Then if minor clarifications and errata is done, the version could go up with a decimalnumber, like v2.1.

(By the way, I ramble a lot, actually maybe things didn't become as clear as I would have hoped for in the post above)

-Per
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

JohnBark: The official new teams are available in the Living Rulebook.

You're not missing anything with 4th ed rules ;)

Marcus

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

* two men in black suits with black raybans on enter*
I am agent JJ and this is agent AH of the...um..GWI.
*a voice from the back pipes up.*
"Guildford Women's Institute?"
*Agent JJ looks annoyed*
"no. Now, those things we called fourth edition blood bowl were a very bad mistake. We didn't test them and they got loose...Andy...I mean agent AH, do you have the flashy thing?"
*Agent AH produces a small Black stick*
*The voice at the back pipes up again "Oh my god, hes got a Force Staff...rogue Psyker!" Pariah Hits the owner of the little voice and feeds him to Longfang.*
"Now, look at this light please..."*FLASH*
"Right. Blood Bowl has never had a fourth edition. Just a rewrite, which you can download from our website. Look, these guys will tell you all about it..."
*Five more shifty figures shuffle into view...they are wearing badges: Agent JKL, Agent CZ, Agent DM, Agent SB and Agent MS.*
*a very weak little voice comes up from the back.*
"Hey...do you guys know the one about the Black and white Space Marine?"

Sorry guys....couldn't resist the image in my head there...

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

Heh. That was good :)

The next Rules Review will take place this October.

Cheers!

-Chet

Nermal
Veteran
Veteran

4th V's LRB

Post by Nermal »

i downloaded the 4th ed gold rules as they were posted, was the whole thing just scrapped?

some of the rules were fun. like the fact that any team could just equip a line man with a weapon. as many of the teams are not able to have star players with chainsaws ect.

i just thought that element was fun.

Rolling Thunder
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

A lot of people hated the One Skill Per Action rule since it wiped out the development of offensive combos (Sure Feet and Sprint being the classic example). That and other things just made 4th ed a step too far for most people.

Ian

Nermal
Veteran
Veteran

4th V's LRB

Post by Nermal »

yea i did feel that was harsh, although it did start me thinking about a whole new stratagy to the game, moves would have to be planned out much more. i suppose that was the problem as it would stretch out the game a lot more.

Rolling Thunder
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

i downloaded the 4th ed gold rules as they were posted, was the whole thing just scrapped?

some of the rules were fun. like the fact that any team could just equip a line man with a weapon. as many of the teams are not able to have star players with chainsaws ect.

i just thought that element was fun.

If you look carefully, you'll notice a few 4E changes that made it into 3E. Some of the concepts also remain.

As for Secret Weapons, we'll bring them back in some other form (i.e., not only as Star Players) as experimental rules within the next year.

Cheers!

-Chet

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

How did he taste, Longfang?

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!