Hello, new noob

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mr.Esty
Rookie
Rookie

Hello, new noob

Post by Mr.Esty »

Hi,

I just got bit by the bug, and now I have Blood Bowl fever!
I'm in Vancouver, Canada and while searching for local coaches, I discovered the SPIKE! Magazine tournament.

I know what team I want to play (Lizardmen), I guess I just wanna know is there any point in trying to get this team ready in 1 month for a tournament? I don't own any of the models yet, and I've never played a game of BB... is a month enough time to get competent? Any tips on fast-tracking the process?

Any and all help appreciated.
Thanks!

Reason: ''
Demagoge
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Hello, new noob

Post by Demagoge »

Hi Mr. Esty,

wellcome to one of the funniest and most enjyable games on earth.

If you already read the rules and you have some other players to practice, you should be able to play 20-40 games in one month. This should be enough to have fun on the tournament, but if you aren´t a new Nuffle, you will not win the tournament. :wink:

For me the greater problem is painting a complete team in one month. I hope you´ve got some painting experience before.

Greetings from Germany.

KaRoTa e.V. - our tabletop and roleplaying club in Kaiserslautern (Germany)
If you want to play a game in our area, please feel free to contact us via our forum

My teams:
Frog`n´Roll - Slann
Seaguard Saphires - Pro Elf
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Welcome to the forum. BB is the best game thats ever been invented IMO. It's not the easiest game to master, it took me till my 3rd game to realise what I was actually supposed to be doing and by then it was to late to save the game. Some poele learn faster than others though. As long as your having fun thats all that really matters :)

If you wanna get good in the shortest possible time I would reccomend playing someone who is pretty good at the game and also playing as many games as possible. You could also watch a couple of games between 2 experienced players. I'm not sure Lizzies are the best starting team but you might make it happen with them.

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Mr.Esty
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr.Esty »

Well, thank you for the warm welcome, guys!

I don't think I'll be entering the SPIKE! Magazine tournament this year after all. I tend to take my time with conversions/ painting and, there's no real need to rush into slaughter, I guess. 'Tournament is like 50 bucks to enter, and I'm just starting out in this game and I'd rather spend that on figures anyway right now.
:puke:

Any advice on starting-out with Lizardmen?

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Hi and welcome,

As for starting: look at the Impact! site for nice minis (sarcos) here: http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=sarcos
and perhaps for advise here: http://bbtactics.com/ or do a search in the "tactics" section here: viewforum.php?f=25

Tournaments are great fun though, and are a heck of a learning experience !! :D

Good luck !

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

purdindas wrote: it took me till my 3rd year to realise what I was actually supposed to be doing and by then it was to late to save my blood bowl career. .
Fixed that for you :wink:

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay.