7%
Stick with the bash
4%

Total votes: 28

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Re: Sell me on wood elves.

Post by Smurf »

arthurinkpen wrote:I was given advise by nazgob before starting the team and he made a very good point about the build and the players with starting 're-roll skills' like dodge, catch and pass, this is basically his wood elf starting roster. I personally like it, but yea i did want to start with the 2nd wardancer.

Might edit the team to fit it in and see how it goes.
It is the obvious thing about the WE. The trick is to manage them where skills do not go to the skill magnets.

I played it that the Thrower always throw the ball, this is his development. Line try and score when it is safe but the catcher scores on rotation (skill one up, buy another skill it up)

When you have your 2 skills on a thrower buy another, play one offence and one defence. The defensive one gets kick (line need more important skills), note the offensive thrower favours Safe Throw and the densive thrower Nerves of Steel.

Line need wrestle, lots of wrestle. Sidestep is great too. My Wardancers are now ignored due to Sidestep, hitting them will push them into a place that I choose.

You can block, but just understand you are not going to good at hitting people to the dugout.

Doubles: Wardancer = Mighty blow, Catchers = Nerves of Steel, Thrower = Strong Arm and Line = guard

Dauntless is useful too on line. A couple of Pass Block Catchers, some of them with leap.

Remember you need to focus about 90% on get ball and score, make oppenents fear dropping or throwing the ball.

Reason: ''
The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Thanks for the great advice. Deifinatly the team I am taking into the next season.

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

You may want to see the Play book on this website too. I got critics talking!

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Where?

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

tactics threads are in the tactics section ;]

http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 25&t=31687

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

Is he sold yet?

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Thanks, the guide is fantastic and yeah i always use mobile internet which only shows like 1/5 of the forum at a time so things are hard to find thanks grumbledook. Also I am sold, great team, its the team I have enjoyed the most. Though I do hate those rolls of 1 all the friggin time.

Thetian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Thetian »

if you are more familiar with bash teams, play High Elves. The AV8 keeps them alive longer while you learn the joys of AG4.

Once you get addicted to AG4, change to Wood Elves to start your addiction to scoring fast.

In a perfect world, T.S. Eliot would spell "toilets" backwards. But the the world is imperfect. Flawed. -Eric Idle
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Tried them in several games but I just preffered the wood elves speed. I never really found the AV7 to be a huge problem when I just dodge out of zones with such ease. Oh and I have been playing halflings this season so I'm used to the player lose that squishyness brings.