Knock out off the pitch question...

Moderator: TFF Mods

sayguh
Rookie
Rookie

Knock out off the pitch question...

Post by sayguh »

Alright, Let's say you hit a guy and there are three possible places he can land. 2 of them are covered by players and the 3rd place is 'off the pitch'.

I know they get knocked into an open space if there is one, but in this situation where the 2 open spaces are covered, do they get knocked into a player or off the pitch? Or is it coaches decision? Thanks!

Also, if a ball bounces diagonally off of the pitch... does it get thrown in from the diagonal spot or the last place it was on the pitch? Know what I mean? Kind of hard to type it without a diagram

Thanks!

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Knock out off the pitch question...

Post by sann0638 »

sayguh wrote:I know they get knocked into an open space if there is one, but in this situation where the 2 open spaces are covered, do they get knocked into a player or off the pitch? Or is it coaches decision? Thanks!

!
off the pitch.
sayguh wrote: Also, if a ball bounces diagonally off of the pitch... does it get thrown in from the diagonal spot or the last place it was on the pitch? Know what I mean? Kind of hard to type it without a diagram

Thanks!
the last place.

someone will be along to mention the search function in a minute - have a play with it and you will get answers more quickly :D

mike

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

In the first example they go off the pitch as all possible squares on the pitch they could be pushed to are occupied.

In the second ... a ball is always thrown in from the last square on the pitch that it was in. So the direction it scatters off the pitch is irrelevant.

And although not asked ... here is the one exception where the direction it scatters off the pitch could be relevant.

If the ball scatters off the pitch diagionally from one of the 4 corner square on the pitch ... roll a D6 to decide whether it goes across (1-3) or down (4-6) the field in terms of the throw-in template. (this is not in the rulebook ... its just an easy rule of thumb). If it scatters off the pitch from a corner square to either the sideline out of bounds or the endzone out of bounds ... then I'd like up the throw-in template from that direction.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

GalakStarscraper wrote:If the ball scatters off the pitch diagionally from one of the 4 corner square on the pitch ... roll a D6 to decide whether it goes across (1-3) or down (4-6) the field in terms of the throw-in template. (this is not in the rulebook ... its just an easy rule of thumb). If it scatters off the pitch from a corner square to either the sideline out of bounds or the endzone out of bounds ... then I'd like up the throw-in template from that direction.
Did you know...

This has only happened 3 times in the history of all Blood Bowl games. :D

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

Easier if you use a throw in template.

1-2 = down
3-4 = diagonal
5-6 = across