Dungeon Bowl (GW pdf)

Moderator: TFF Mods

popsical
Experienced
Experienced

Dungeon Bowl (GW pdf)

Post by popsical »

Hi guys,
Just downloaded the free granny rules for Dungeon Bowl, does anyone still play? Is it still current?

Ive got an idea for a little tournie at my LGS and would like to know if anyone has tried it before.
My idea runs as, each team that enters does so by generating their team as normal but chooses a home stadium eg indoor,outdoor or dungeon. When picking the fixtures (via sock exchange) teams will be home or away thus denoting either indoor (no weather), outdoor (weather) and dungeon (dungeon bowl). We are all newish to the game (present incarnation) and it is all very lighthearted at the mo.

Comments on both issues welcome :D

Reason: ''
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: Dungeon Bowl (GW pdf)

Post by Joemanji »

The Dungeonbowl PDF is basically okay ruleswise, a few minor tweaks but otherwise fine. However the Warhammer Quest floor plan isn't that great ... the 2 square wide corridors just don't work IMO. Too easy to form choke points.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
popsical
Experienced
Experienced

Post by popsical »

I have a copy of Dungeon Bowl (circa 2nd ed BB).
It used to play very well, and superb fun :D

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Joemanji wrote:The Dungeonbowl PDF is basically okay ruleswise, a few minor tweaks but otherwise fine. However the Warhammer Quest floor plan isn't that great ... the 2 square wide corridors just don't work IMO. Too easy to form choke points.

Lord knows I experianced that.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Also, do be aware that players with leap can dominate the tunnels. Although that probably only adjusts the metagame a bit.

Good luck with it all-i'll be watching to see how it turns out.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

nazgob wrote:Also, do be aware that players with leap can dominate the tunnels. Although that probably only adjusts the metagame a bit.

Good luck with it all-i'll be watching to see how it turns out.

+1

Example: 6 dwarves block the path to my goal line. 2 treemen block the path to the halflings goal line. Wood elves check their first chest, find the ball, after several turns of halfling punching ad failing to knock down dwarves the wardancer goes for it and makes a leap over the rooted treemen. It was lame. All of my AG3 players died by teleporter accidents too :(

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

We play a lot of DB games (just for fun, not as part of a league) using the WHQ floor plans (and some Impact ones). We just make any push into a wall +1 to the AV roll AND +1 to the Injury roll, in addition to any MB that the player might have. Add in some pits (normal, spiked and bottomless) and we find makng choke points isn't such a good idea (record is 3 Cas from one Block due to chainpushes - that hurt!).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Darkson wrote:We play a lot of DB games (just for fun, not as part of a league) using the WHQ floor plans (and some Impact ones). We just make any push into a wall +1 to the AV roll AND +1 to the Injury roll, in addition to any MB that the player might have. Add in some pits (normal, spiked and bottomless) and we find makng choke points isn't such a good idea (record is 3 Cas from one Block due to chainpushes - that hurt!).

WHQ and impact floor plans?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Warhammer Quest floor plans.
Impact had a short run on Dungeon floor plans, but they're not available atm.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

You could always download some worldworks stuff, loads of dungeon floorplans, all fully kitbashable to create new stuff and iwith walls etc if you want them too!

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I thought the tiles were printed at the end of that GW file. They are in my copy anyway.

popsical
Experienced
Experienced

Post by popsical »

Yep they are. Im gonna combine them with my DB set and let loose lol.

Doesnt anyone run DB leagues? Seems a missed opportunity. Does the NAF recognise it in their rankings?

duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

A quick Google search turned up a site named Fiona Adores Heroes which has some pdf dungeon tiles and some sewer tiles for free.

TheDoctor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheDoctor »

Has anyone tried DDM (Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures Game) floorplans? Just wondering because I have a couple of those somewhere and we're planning to do a little Dungeon Bowl Tourney in our league as well.

ravyn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ravyn »

the problem with ddm is that the squares are a little too small for bloodbowl. I have used the treeman from ddm in bloodbowl on occasion

ImageApprentice Blasphemer - Nuffle Blasphemer's Association