TV100?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Da Crusha
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

TV100?

Post by Da Crusha »

Hi guys I have learned how to play with the competition rulebook and recently I read that there will be tournament held nearby. but it says "Teams must be TV 100 in starting value."

what does that mean? their team value must be 100? but we play with 1,000,000+ point teams.

Reason: ''
Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Re: TV100?

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

Team Value is worked out as your total Team Cost (Players, their skills, team re-rolls, Fan Factor, Apothecary, etc) divided by 10,000.

So a 1,000,000 gold piece starting team has a TV of 100, 1,100,000 gold piece teams have a TV of 110, etc.

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ulthuan_Express wrote:Team Value is worked out as your total Team Cost (Players, their skills, team re-rolls, Fan Factor, Apothecary, etc) divided by 10,000.
So a 1,000,000 gold piece starting team has a TV of 100, 1,100,000 gold piece teams have a TV of 110, etc.
That's incorrect - under LRB5/6/CRP, Team Value is the value of the team, so we should say rookie teams have a TV of 1,000,000,
CRP wrote:Team Value
In League matches the !value" of a team affects whether it receives Inducements for playing a match (see page 28) and if it suffers from Spiralling Expenses (see page 29). The value of a team (often abbreviated to "TV") is worked out by adding up the value of the players that will play for the team in its next match, including extra value from improvements, to the cost of coaching staff, team re-rolls, and Fan Factor. Record the value of your team in the appropriate space on the team roster. Note that gold in the treasury and any players that are missing the game due to injury do not count towards the Team Value.
but it's a hold-over from the 3rd ed and LRBs 1-4, where the Team Raring (TR) was the value of the team (plus other things) rounded by 10,000:
LRB4 wrote:To calculate a team’s Spike! Magazine team rating, first work out the total value of the team in gold pieces. Remember to include any money in the treasury in the total. For every 10,000 gold pieces that the team is worth, it receives 1 Team Rating point. This may sound like a difficult sum to work out, but it is actually quite easy. Just take the total value of the team and knock off the last four zeros. For example, a starting team with a value of 1,000,000 gold pieces has a team rating of 100 points.
Lot's of old-timers (myself included) have just got that habit ingrained in, so it makes it a natural thing to say.

Not actually sure why that "rule" was removed, but probably because JJ thought it wasn't "simple" enough.

Does mean that, technically, anyone that turns up to a (for example) TV115 tournament (such as my own, the ARBBL Open) with a 1,150,000 team is cheating. :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

That's what happens when you change rules that nobody re-reads :p You coulda just changed 'is' to 'was' for me :D

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
Coach
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach »

It was TR 100 and now it is TV 1000k though people tend to drop the k for simplicity.