CRP / LRB 6

Moderator: TFF Mods

arnivalura
Rookie
Rookie

CRP / LRB 6

Post by arnivalura »

Ahoi!

I just wanna be sure about this but competition rules pack is the same as living rulebook 6, just a different name ? If so, why this different name ?

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: CRP / LRB 6

Post by GalakStarscraper »

arnivalura wrote:Ahoi!

I just wanna be sure about this but competition rules pack is the same as living rulebook 6, just a different name ? If so, why this different name ?
LRB 6 was really cool and was a full rulebook with all the pages, background and pictures.

CRP is GW's hatchet job to the LRB 6.0 that deleted all the background and pictures and credits to everyone that volunteered their time to make the book.

So rules-wise they are the same thing ... but the above explains why they have different names.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

Furthermore, I understand it is no longer 'Living' as there are no GW authorised updates going to appear.

arnivalura
Rookie
Rookie

Post by arnivalura »

Thanks! I understand now, was also wandering why all the pictures and stuff were missing but now i know which leads me to one more question, is LRB 6 still available then somewhere ? Can't seem to find it, really like to have LRB 6 version of the rules, not CRP. I think GW diserves a little slap for this.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

This seems like the right place to ask this,

Galak, if you were told to have no direct involvment in BB legenday edition and you name and fluff removed from the CRP why do they mention you halfling team in the BBLE commentary? Seems strange after they went out of there way to stab you in the back.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Because Cyanide =/= GW, and someone at Cyanide appreciated the effort Galak put in.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

arnivalura wrote:but now i know which leads me to one more question, is LRB 6 still available then somewhere ?
Officially? No.
But certain individuals are known to have a copy.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Darkson wrote:Because Cyanide =/= GW, and someone at Cyanide appreciated the effort Galak put in.

Its still a GW controlled project. Its like someone mentioning squats in dawn of war, they wouldn't let you do it. Both galk and GW's past seem to be something they want to sweep under the rug without a care in the world for the feelings and efforts of those involved.
Did they only manage to get in because GW doesn't know about galaks flings?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

They probably didn't really pay that much attention - see the special mentions in the manual.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Until I/we get that nice letter from GW, the LRB6 which was freely available before they decided to pull it is available to download from the ARBBL website, at the bottom of the ARBBL tourney page (note - .webs.com doesn't work brilliantly with Chrome, so it's best downloaded using IE or Firefox).

arnivalura
Rookie
Rookie

Post by arnivalura »

Thanks Darkson

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Darkson wrote:They probably didn't really pay that much attention - see the special mentions in the manual.

Oh yea, GalakSS. Wernt you a beta tester? Does that mean you are part of the '.... and much more!' ?

Did you see all the spelling and grammer mistakes? Almost as bad as me.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

inkpwn wrote:Oh yea, GalakSS. Wernt you a beta tester? Does that mean you are part of the '.... and much more!' ?
Who was that directed at?

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Sorry darkson, it was directed toward you :) thought we had a conversation going.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I've been told the inclusion of the Iron Chefs in the videogame was a shout out to my work on making the rules.

I'm very appreciative of it. GW actually had minimum oversight of the videogame project which is how that got in.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers