Do people bring back retired teams?

Moderator: TFF Mods

sayguh
Rookie
Rookie

Do people bring back retired teams?

Post by sayguh »

Can / Do people bring back retired teams?

Like can you sit a team out for a few seasons and bring it back later or is it that not normally allowed?

Reason: ''
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Re: Do people bring back retired teams?

Post by nazgob »

largely depends on hte league.

prsonally, i would have no problem th it.

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

I think we have about 10 players at the barn.

I allowed up to a max of 3 teams, you can retire one and start a new one but I'll just hold the retired team on record just in case it may get re activated.

So far I have dumped the YMCA for the 'Talonistas'. I may play them for a season and move on to something like Dwarves. The idea is we can all play a various teams.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

We do that in our league.
Sometimes players have to miss a season (or more) by any reason so when they return they might either start a new team (that's what happens most of the time), or they can just pick up the 'old' team roster, as long its from the same rulebook... :orc:

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

As others have said I think it depends on the league.

But I could see the merit in if you allow it in moderation. Coaches often get attached to their teams or players and if you let them put a team in reserves so they can use it later then they may be inclined to stop playing their stat and doubles heavy 2000TV dwarf team and maybe give something else a go such as slaan.

I think they’d be less inclined to try out another team if their old one has to be retired for good, especially ones who suck at low TV such as Chaos or Nurgle.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
van der vaart
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by van der vaart »

Personally i allow it in my league. Some people (such as myself) want to move on to a different team to give them a go, but may want to come back to their old team if it doesnt work out

Commish of the Geelong And Regions Blood Bowl League;GARBBL!
Check us out at http://geelong.bloodbowlleague.com or Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/#!/GARBBL
I have a blog! http://nubs11.blog.com/
dboeren
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dboeren »

The only thing I'd see against it is if someone wanted to bring back an old team that was a lot stronger than the current league teams that might be too dominant. Maybe set a TV cap relative to the current league average +X or something like that?

Ordinarily though I'd like players to feel free to swap teams whenever it suits them.