pass question

Moderator: TFF Mods

bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

pass question

Post by bouncergriim »

okay, I am in a new league and they say that you cannot "pass" to an adjacent square, that must be a hand off. I wanted to throw to farm a spp to an adjacent catcher and they had to look it up, they couldn't find that requirement in the rules, but they only begrudgingly allowed it.

It is acceptable to throw a pass to an adjacent square, correct? I was sure of this until they argued with me.

Reason: ''
neverworking
Veteran
Veteran

Re: pass question

Post by neverworking »

from first paragraph of "Throwing the ball"

Once per turn a player on the moving team is allowed to make a pass action. The player is allowed to make a normal move, and after he has completed the move he may throw the ball even if the receiver is in an adjacent square.

bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

Thanks, my opponent read me the page on passing starting after that introductory paragraph. :puke:

Thanks, I feel stoopid now that I didn't pick up the book and read it to him instead of vice versa, but I was sure I was right and didn't want to sound arrogant.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

And for clarification, the second paragraph says,
First of all, the coach must declare that the player is taking a Pass Action. The player can throw the ball to another player in his own team (or another player in the opposing team if he really wants to), or simply to an empty square, though obviously the first of these options will be the most useful – and may keep him from being attacked by his own team members! The ball may only be passed once per turn.
So not only are you allowed to pass to an adjacent player, to farm the SPP, you can pass to an empty square to clear the ball away as well. (I thought I'd put this in as it comes up in my group a lot, and no matter how many times I show it to them one still tries to say you cant intentionally ground the ball.)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95