Newcomer

Moderator: TFF Mods

ThromStonehewer
Rookie
Rookie

Newcomer

Post by ThromStonehewer »

Hey, what's up? Thought I'd stop by and introduce myself.

I've been playing Blood Bowl for about 2 years now (started with the PC version), and just last month purchased a big lot of teams, the board game + Death Zone, and a few Star Players which got me way more into the game. I've been mostly playing against my brothers, and occasionally the girlfriend, since there's no leagues around here. I hope I can change that soon if I can recruit some people.

I mainly play as Dwarves, and just finished painting my team the other day. I'll probably throw up pictures eventually.

Uh, that's really I can think of right now, so, Hello!

Reason: ''
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Re: Newcomer

Post by DoubleSkulls »

welcome!

Deathzone and the rules in the boxed set are all out of date, so if you want the latest rules then you can download them from GW's website (under BB resources)

Where abouts are you? You may find someone local on here if you are lucky.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Welcome to the International Association of Nerds! :D

Dwarves?!.......could I interest you in something a little smaller?...Halflings perhaps!.....

....I have a pamphlet around here somewhere!.....

"In Dodge We Trust"
Skurk78
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Skurk78 »

Welcome!

You're playing with a bunch of people and can't find a league??? How about starting a league with that bunch? I run a 10 team league with my kid.

Hope you stick with BB, the funniest game ever.

Death to the high elves. Dark Elves prevail!!!
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

welcome on board

Where are you based??

ThromStonehewer
Rookie
Rookie

welcome!

Deathzone and the rules in the boxed set are all out of date, so if you want the latest rules then you can download them from GW's website (under BB resources)

Where abouts are you? You may find someone local on here if you are lucky.
Thanks! I know they're all out of date, but it all came with everything I bought, and was fairly cheap. I got a PDF of LRB6 and printed it out, so that's what we've been using. I'm from Pennsylvania USA, about an hour from Scranton. It's a pretty rural area so I haven't had much luck so far.
Welcome to the International Association of Nerds!

Dwarves?!.......could I interest you in something a little smaller?...Halflings perhaps!.....

....I have a pamphlet around here somewhere!.....
Haha, thanks. Hey, why not go smaller with Snotlings?
Welcome!

You're playing with a bunch of people and can't find a league??? How about starting a league with that bunch? I run a 10 team league with my kid.

Hope you stick with BB, the funniest game ever
Thanks! Yeah, it's only about 4 people including me, though I have to beg my girlfriend to (and that carries the stipulation that I have to go jogging with her). I figure I can get a tiny league started, but I want to keep it from getting repetitive.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Welcome...read the strapline and move on from the beardy cheese :D

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

"Welcome to the Party, Pal!"
Bruise Killus, Arkham Asylum Zombie

Once you go Necro, you'll never go live again!!!

And, added to Heff's warning against cheesing with scrunts... make sure to embrace my tag lines also....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Jani74
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jani74 »

Welcome! I am pretty new too, but I've already learned the most important fact every BB player has to know: GW is evil. Make sure to remember that and everything's sorted for good. :lol:

Image Image Image
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Welcome tothe forum. Hope you find the content useful or at least funny :lol:

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Welcome, Throm :)

I'm not sure where exactly he's based, but you might want to look up Jaylazer, as he is definitely a PA resident (I am aware that Pennslyvania is a tad large ;))

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
ThromStonehewer
Rookie
Rookie

Heff wrote:Welcome...read the strapline and move on from the beardy cheese :D
I just prefer how dwarves play, though I know how much people think of them. :lol:

Digger Goreman wrote:"Welcome to the Party, Pal!"
Bruise Killus, Arkham Asylum Zombie

Once you go Necro, you'll never go live again!!!

And, added to Heff's warning against cheesing with scrunts... make sure to embrace my tag lines also....
My brother plays Undead, and has messed me up a few times. We just usually do one off matches, and I've lost so many guys to those Mummies.
Jani74 wrote:Welcome! I am pretty new too, but I've already learned the most important fact every BB player has to know: GW is evil. Make sure to remember that and everything's sorted for good. :lol:
Yeah, I figured that. Haha. Everything Blood Bowl related that I own I got secondhand, and I want to keep it that way.
purdindas wrote:Welcome tothe forum. Hope you find the content useful or at least funny :lol:
Thanks! It's been both so far. I've been mostly lurking to get a feel for it, but I do enjoy the place.
Leipziger wrote:Welcome, Throm :)

I'm not sure where exactly he's based, but you might want to look up Jaylazer, as he is definitely a PA resident (I am aware that Pennslyvania is a tad large ;))
Thank you! I checked, and he's from Philadelphia, which is about 3 hours south of me, unfortunately. The area I live in is pretty awful for stuff like this.