Hi from Newbie in the Uk

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dwarven Allstar
Experienced
Experienced

Hi from Newbie in the Uk

Post by Dwarven Allstar »

Hi all thought I should introduce myself, I am a new player to Bloodbowl and have only played 2 games. Really loved the game and the dynamics to play. Before the games I bought a few dwarfs 2nd edition, first of all I am a painter as I find keeping rules in my head difficult (bonehead). The 2nd edition looked so cool I thought i'd paint a couple and see what they would come out like. My mate is a NAF coach and keen and veteran bb player. He helped to put together a full team of dwarfs Inc death roller and characters. So I can pretty much field any combo. Since then i have also aquired an Orc and halfling team (ogre team arriving). It's interesting to read other posts on teams etc and look forward to attending some events. Will post some pictures of the few and would welcome comments and team\formation etc.

Reason: ''
JaM
Legend
Legend

Re: Hi from Newbie in the Uk

Post by JaM »

Hi and welcome, hope you'll have a good time.

Apart from playing in a local league, I can recommend a tournament or 2. SUre, you will probably lose some games (probably all the first time), but you will learn a LOT and, maybe even more importantly, have a good time while doing that.

Painted figures are welcome in the 'painting' section, I am sure there are more there who will commentate on them.

Good luck! Have fun!

Dwarven Allstar
Experienced
Experienced

Hi from Newbie in the Uk

Thanks JaM for the welcome

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Hi, where in the UK?

Dwarven Allstar
Experienced
Experienced

Hi from Newbie in the Uk

The land of the currently tax free pasties matey.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Welcome, I have a lot of love for the whole range of 2nd edition figures and the Dwarf models are probably my 3rd fave behind the skaven and elves.

As the old team had a different, more “realistic” make up how do you differentiate between runners, blitzers and longbeards? Also what do you use for slayers?
The current range of Slayers are pretty big, that could work since they are pretty tough as dwarfs go, though GW did make some old skool slayer models in their Norse Dwarf range that might work with weapon snips.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Dwarven Allstar
Experienced
Experienced

Hi from Newbie in the Uk

Thanks for the welcome spubba. When picking the players for the team, a good friend of mine who is an experienced bb player helped me to put together a roster. Currently I am using;

2 dwarves with head bandages as blitzers

2 dwarves that look like that they are running and have spiky armour as runners

The slayers are 1 new addition and 1 old fantasy dwarf slayer where i have roved the axe and sculpted knuckle duster.

The rest of the dwarves are blockers. I will post some photos in the painting section and would be happy to receive comments etc

I have the old characters as well so have a full dwarf roster etc. Morg and Thorg is also included for extra clout.

I toyed with the idea of painting the bases a different colours as well.

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

Welcome to the forums, Dwarfs are a great team to start with since they're hard as nails. I've been running with Dwarfs for the past few tournaments and they can be lethal since they're hard to kill and devastating when it comes to blocks.

Blood Bowl is a great game and I encourage you to play as much as you possibly can; get involved in the tourney scene once you're comfortable with the rules if possible because they really are great events and there's nothing like meeting up with friends up and down the country to down a few beers and play games!

Have fun with it!

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Iranian Spy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Iranian Spy »

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, I didn't catch the reference - where's the land of the currently tax free pasties?

Team Scotland: for Blood Bowl in Scotland http://www.createforum.com/teamscotland ... scotlandbb

Glasgow Blood Bowl League https://www.facebook.com/groups/273727376038744/

The Artist formerly known as "Shaheen"
Dwarven Allstar
Experienced
Experienced

Hi from Newbie in the Uk

Thanks for the welcome nonumber and shaheen, I am hoping to play a few games of BB over the weekend with some mates. Hoping to have all the dwarves painted in time..... I will have to start a blog in the painting section as that may keep me focused. The Land of pasties refers to Cornwall ( the bit at the bottom) pasties are our thing. If you want a laugh check out kernow king on YouTube. He has a pasty diet very funny. Will let you know how I get on

Iranian Spy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Iranian Spy »

Groovy :) Hope to see you when I'm back in the UK!

Team Scotland: for Blood Bowl in Scotland http://www.createforum.com/teamscotland ... scotlandbb

Dwarven Allstar
Experienced
Experienced

Hi from Newbie in the Uk

Are you abroad at the moment?

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Hi from Newbie in the Uk

Post by landrover »

No, he's always been male. Thank you. Here all week.

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
Iranian Spy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Iranian Spy »

Don't think I can top that answer!

Dwarven Allstar
Experienced
Experienced

Hi from Newbie in the Uk

That was a pure comedy moment. Surely......