Newbie represent

Moderator: TFF Mods

greenstuff_gav
Rookie
Rookie

Newbie represent

Post by greenstuff_gav »

so, i'm greenstuff_gav, hailing from the SouthWest of the UK :)
long term gamer, worked for GW, Spartan and Triple Helix, i mainly do skirmish games but a recent surge in Bloodbowl (caused by the vidya game!) has led me to blow the dust off my copy of BB :)
i've two teams, Amazons (all Hasslefree minis) and Norse (GW stock with Heresy Werewolves / Troll), both really old paintjobs and likely to be stripped soon .. expect plogs when that happens!

so, while i hunt for tacticas on those two, what would people recommend? i'm leaning toward Amazons for sheer Crazy Dodging :D

anywho, cheers!

Gav

Reason: ''
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Re: Newbie represent

Post by Smurf »

Check out Plasmoid's Playbooks (we keep it simple around here, none of this GW faux latin :P).

>click on members
>find Plasmoid
>click on web link
>follow links to playbook pdfs

BTW where in the South West are you?

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

greenstuff_gav wrote:so, i'm greenstuff_gav, hailing from the SouthWest of the UK :)
Care to narrow that down a little more? we've got a thriving (and ever growing) BB community in and around Swindon if thats any good to you?

We're running 2 leagues ATM Cakebowl season 4 is just about to finish, people are looking towards CB5 already, a stunty league which has been slow to take off but is (I hope) going to gather momentum (and would be easy to join if you wished)

A 2 day tournament (Cakebowl 2 26-27 May) and a 1 day tournament (Crumb-Bowl 21 July) and there's also loads of BB in and around Brizzzztol (Bristol) with Gertbowl (28-29 July)

Welcome on board BTW :D

Dwarven Allstar
Experienced
Experienced

Newbie represent

Post by Dwarven Allstar »

Hi also from the Sw where abouts as there are some keen bb in Cornwall.

greenstuff_gav
Rookie
Rookie

Post by greenstuff_gav »

thanks Smurf, i'll check 'em out :)

I'm in Radstock (near Bath) and work for Triple Helix, where Cakebowl is being held (unfortunately 2 dayers aren't possible for me :( but i'll be wandering around Saturday :) )

i managed to get a local printing place to print off the current GW rulebook, £4.20 for all 84 pages :D

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

greenstuff_gav wrote:thanks Smurf, i'll check 'em out :)

I'm in Radstock (near Bath) and work for Triple Helix, where Cakebowl is being held (unfortunately 2 dayers aren't possible for me :( but i'll be wandering around Saturday :) )

i managed to get a local printing place to print off the current GW rulebook, £4.20 for all 84 pages :D
look forward to meeting you on the 26th

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Bit of a bummer, not being able to do 2 day tournies. There some in Bristol and Bournemouth as well. Speaking of tournies in Bournemouth, there is a 1 dayer coming up, its on a Saturday if that's the day you can do.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

greenstuff_gav wrote:so, i'm greenstuff_gav, hailing from the SouthWest of the UK :)
long term gamer, worked for GW, Spartan and Triple Helix, i mainly do skirmish games but a recent surge in Bloodbowl (caused by the vidya game!) has led me to blow the dust off my copy of BB :)
i've two teams, Amazons (all Hasslefree minis) and Norse (GW stock with Heresy Werewolves / Troll), both really old paintjobs and likely to be stripped soon .. expect plogs when that happens!

so, while i hunt for tacticas on those two, what would people recommend? i'm leaning toward Amazons for sheer Crazy Dodging :D

anywho, cheers!

Gav
Welcome!
Simple answer: since Amazons are better than Norse (considering all the possible match ups of these two teams) if you want to win then use Amazons.
If you play for fun then either team is fine.
:)