Noob Help with Chaos Cup Roster

Moderator: TFF Mods

Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Noob Help with Chaos Cup Roster

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

So I am a complete Rookie to Tournament BB, but I have league style TT for years. I just got my tickets to attend the Chaos Cup this fall and need some help working out the kinks in my proposed roster. I'm feeling very Green so I want to take Orcs.

Some of the rules:
- 1,100K roster
- Resurrection style
- you can include the following in the 1,100 K
- players, star players, rerolls, fan factor, coaches, and cheerleaders as normal
- Normally Skill 20K, Doubles Roll 30K, +1 MA 30K, +1 AV 30K
- Only 1 Upgrade per player
- No more than 2 of the same upgrade on the roster
- In the last game you can take 1 mutation on an unskilled 0-16/0-12 (Any player for "chaos" teams)
- Full Rules: http://zlurpcast.com/ChaosCup12/ChaosCup12Rules.pdf

Here is what I have so for for my Orc Team:

1 x Passer, 1 x Leader
4 x Blitzers, 1 x Tackle, 1 x Frenzy
4 x BOBs, 2 x Guard, 2 x Block
2 x RR
and either
2 x Lineorcs 2x Wrestle (+1 FF)
or
3 Lineorcs plain (so I can mutate in game 6!)

10 or 11 x 9 AV players, Effectively 3 RRs, Allows me the ability to get the ball, pick up/pass the ball with some skill RRs, Punch you in the mouth a bit, create a nice cage, scare you a bit with Frenzy and Tackle.

Reason: ''
Matt AKA WildManTX (NAF) AKA Nuffle_Hate_Me

T.O. R.O.T. Cup - Austin, Texas USA
http://www.rotcuptx.com
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Noob Help with Chaos Cup Roster

Post by spubbbba »

The team roster looks pretty good but I would concentrate the skills on the Blitzers over the lineorcs. I’d drop wrestle and then give the 2 blitzers MB to give you some hitting power, or possibly a 2nd tackle instead.
This would also allow you to take a mutation on a lineorc in game 6.

You might want to also consider dropping the 1FF and giving a blitzer leader and the thrower block. This will mean your leader is AV9 and your ball carrier is Block, sure hands so will be safer from leaping strip ball wardancers.

Frenzy is quite risky on a ST3 player so you will need to plan carefully how to use him.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

What are you thoughts on 11 players no APO vs 12 players no APO vs 11 with APO in a resurrection style tournament?

Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

I can only give block to two players on the Roster so to give the Passer Block I'd have to take it off one of the BOBs.

KFoged
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by KFoged »

Nuffle_Hate_Me wrote:What are you thoughts on 11 players no APO vs 12 players no APO vs 11 with APO in a resurrection style tournament?
Personal I will take the apo over a 12th player :)

KFoged

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

And I would take the 12th player. a bad roll and he is still dead to you while a warm fresh body is a warm fresh body. Problem is it might be the WRONG body. :D

Its a judgement call there is no right answer

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

Thanks for the advice, I think I'm still leaning towards APO. It's automatic on all KOs and BH no roll required, and you get a 50/50 on the MNG/SI/Dead. the APO is as written for this tournament and people forget about the KO rule. this way I have really good shot at keeping a great playing in the match early in the game rather than take a lineorc on the next drive.

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

Nuffle_Hate_Me wrote:Thanks for the advice, I think I'm still leaning towards APO. It's automatic on all KOs and BH no roll required, and you get a 50/50 on the MNG/SI/Dead. the APO is as written for this tournament and people forget about the KO rule. this way I have really good shot at keeping a great playing in the match early in the game rather than take a lineorc on the next drive.
Apo, for all those reasons. I was going to write an almost exactly identical reply but you've already summarised it perfectly.

The ability to keep an extra body on the field at the start of an expected 8 turn drive (yours or theirs) is invaluable. I almost exclusively use an apo at tourneys on an early KO, a late first half BH, or a positional injury first half.