Greetings :)

Moderator: TFF Mods

Kyo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kyo »

Hi guys,
I am a semi-new player, i played a few games a few years ago with the deathzone and play cards and had fun in doing so, however the people i did play with went on to greener pastures in their life and i never looked at the game until now.

I have found some new friends that i can play BB with again and have opted to go for vampire team, so thought it might be a good idea to join a forum of people in the know where i can learn about tactics and the do's and dont's of the game really.

Managed to play one game last weekend and won 1-0 by some stroke of luck i think.

I look forward to maybe picking brains and asking for advice in the future.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Greetings :)

Post by Darkson »

Take a look here: http://bbtactics.com/

Welcome back. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Best advice is to drop the vampires and go with something like dwarves. Ask Heff for advice ;-)

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Hi and welcome!
Do you know FUMBBL?

Kyo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kyo »

Thanks guys,
Darkson, that link was quite a good read, might be playing things a little differently from now on.

Landrover, the ironic thing is that it was a dwarf team that i played and beat, i'm not worried about losing a lot and the quirkiness and randomness of how the vamps seem to play rather attracts me. Plus it will be a nice learning curve for when and if we do another league.

MattDakka, no sorry i am unfamiliar with fummbl.. Did a quick search and found it. It seems interesting too, i am guessing a number of you play it to help with team build and tactics before using them in an actual game.

Again thankyou for the links. I am currently looking for some models i like to represent my vampire team as i am not overly fond of the current GW one available

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Kyo wrote: MattDakka, no sorry i am unfamiliar with fummbl.. Did a quick search and found it. It seems interesting too, i am guessing a number of you play it to help with team build and tactics before using them in an actual game.
Yes, you should try it, it's a blast! You can play and watch Vampire coaches playing.
There are good Vampire coaches there.