Lizardmen vs. Chaos Dwarf strategy...

Moderator: TFF Mods

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: Lizardmen vs. Chaos Dwarf strategy...

Post by Heff »

Except against dwarves Foul them EVERY TURN, with whoever you can. Its not about winning or losing its about killing lawn ornaments :D

Since you don't know this is a joke. I have a reputation as a dwarf hater to maintain you know.

Reason: ''
Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Heff wrote:Except against dwarves Foul them EVERY TURN, with whoever you can. Its not about winning or losing its about killing lawn ornaments :D

Since you don't know this is a joke. I have a reputation as a dwarf hater to maintain you know.
Don't believe him for a second, he loves the bearded stunties more than anything, just look at his rank.

If that's not proof enough just look at how Heff dresses when he's alone.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

spubbbba wrote:
Heff wrote:Except against dwarves Foul them EVERY TURN, with whoever you can. Its not about winning or losing its about killing lawn ornaments :D

Don't believe him for a second, he loves the bearded stunties more than anything, just look at his rank.

If that's not proof enough just look at how Heff dresses when he's alone.

ROFL

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Daikaiju
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Daikaiju »

Ironically, that is who I am playing week 3. To clarify, I'm not playing Heff dressed in dwarven drag, but a dwarven team.

What's the secret to beating the dwarves?

Boardgame News and Bloodbowl League
http://www.GCGG.org
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Receive if you can. Score in 8. Then defend hard to stop them equalising. Hit the runners and slayers. If you have to kick try to get to the ball before they can cage. Use your speed. Most importantantly whine constantly and bitterly about how broken the team are and how only powergaming arseholes play the team

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

Take the Krox.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Daikaiju
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Daikaiju »

nonumber wrote:Take the Krox.
Just picked him up. Playbooks I see have the Krox on the line with a couple Sauras. I have heard other people saying it's a waste to put him on the line.

Vs. Dwarves, I think I should probably have the big guy on the line since the dwarf coach likes to put most his players on the LOS.

Am I right?

Daikaiju

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

The Krox is great against dwarfs, especially at low TV since they won’t have much guard and the tail combined with their low AG means they’ll struggle to get away from him.

I’d certainly put him on the LOS as you want to tie up as many dwarfs as you can with the krox and saurus to both protect your skinks and force him into 1D or -2D’s (mind you with mass block dwarfs can do these lots and not only get away with it but also know you over and add to the dwarf hate).

I agree with blitzing the runners at every opportunity and after that slayers since they are the most vulnerable. I’m not sure if they are worth fouling as thick skull always seems to protect them when I do it.

Be careful if he has a deathroller as that can tie up lots of your players in return, thankfully it only lasts 1 drive.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

I used to put the Krox on the line, but recently, I've stopped.

The problem is, that bashy teams will knock him down and leave one lino next to him.

I prefer now to put 3 saurii on the LOS, and turn 1, use my blitz to open a gap for the Krox to move into the biggest clump of players I can find...this helps guarantee that he's actually where the action is!

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

You foul, not because it is effective (it isn't) but because it is the right thing to do!

Daikaiju
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Daikaiju »

Hitonagashi wrote:I used to put the Krox on the line, but recently, I've stopped.

The problem is, that bashy teams will knock him down and leave one lino next to him.

I prefer now to put 3 saurii on the LOS, and turn 1, use my blitz to open a gap for the Krox to move into the biggest clump of players I can find...this helps guarantee that he's actually where the action is!
My problem is that the stinkin' OP dwarves (right Heff?) knock my Saurii on their tails in the first round. Do you keep the Krox back on both kickoff AND receive?

Jim

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Daikaiju wrote:
Hitonagashi wrote:I used to put the Krox on the line, but recently, I've stopped.

My problem is that the stinkin' OP dwarves (right Heff?) knock my Saurii on their tails in the first round. Do you keep the Krox back on both kickoff AND receive?

Jim
Yes. Those 'stinking dwarves' have troll slayers, which have dauntless. Your saurii/krox are going on the ground no matter who they are. Except with the Krox, it's 140 TV of boneheaded lump on the ground, with your saurii, it's 80TV. If they only leave one longbeard marking the saurii, you'll 2d him every turn, and dwarves *hate* getting 2d'ed (it's something about the personality of the coaches who play them ;) ). So, each saurus is going to attract 2 longbeards while he gets hit, which means the important stuff (other 3 saurii and krox) can play the game!

Daikaiju
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Daikaiju »

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone! I man-handled (Dwarf-handled? Lizard-handled?) the dwarves and came out with a 2-1 victory. My Krox was the only one who got a casualty, but I didn't lose anyone!

My saurii strength was more than a match for the dwarves, especially since on the opening kickoff the fans stormed the pitch, knocking out a troll slayer, stunning a runner, and stunning Star Player Boomer Eziasson.

Thanks again for all the help!

Daikaiju