Question on Mummy skill up

Moderator: TFF Mods

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Question on Mummy skill up

Post by MattDakka »

burgun824 wrote:How do you people get such fabulous skill roll opportunities?
We play lots of matches in FUMBBL's Black Box division and Nuffle sometimes blesses us.

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Nuffle hates my guts. He gave me a 5+5 on my (tabletop) Grab, Block, MB mummy and I ignored it and took Guard. The Mummy took a -ST (failed regen) from a nothing block turn 8 - vs Dark Elves - the very next game.

Lesson learned: if Nuffle gives you a double, take the damn double. You don't want the consequences otherwise.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

MattDakka wrote: My Mummy is not Loner, though. :D
You can either fail the Wild Animal roll or the dodge if your opponent has Tackle, and Loner makes rerolling hard, so my Mummy is better than your Minotaur for cagebreaking goodness of a classic X cage.
Your Minotaur's odds of making a successful cagebreak (assuming -3 tackle zone modifiers and no Tackle skill) are:
Wild Animal Blitz 2+ with Loner, Dodge 2+ with Dodge = 81.019 %
With a team reroll = 87.77 %
My Mummy's odds of making a successful cagebreak (assuming -3 tackle zone modifiers and no Tackle skill):
Dodge 3+ with Dodge skill
With or without team reroll = 88.889 %

Your Minotaur is better than my Mummy when there are 4+ tackle zones on the destination square, though.
His odds of making a successful cagebreak (assuming -4 tackle zone modifiers and no Tackle skill) are:
Wild Animal Blitz 2+ with Loner, Dodge 2+ with Dodge Without team reroll = 81.019 %
My Mummy's odds for the 4+ dodge with Dodge are 75% with or without reroll.
Think your numbers are slightly out :D.

There's 3 TZ in a standard X cage (2 sides, and the center ball carrier), so my Mino is going in on a 3+, and your Mummy on a 4+.

Also, the other advantage is that I'm making a normal dodge on a 3+ too. It's been surprisingly useful to be able to make a 3+ dodge out of a TZ *before* making a 3+ into the cage. Also, when/if I get into the cage, it's a ST 6 frenzy hit instead of a normal ST 5 one :D.

Burgun, it's only actually 2 doubles for my mino (and one of those could have easily been Juggernaut instead of block). People often forget that the Chaos Mino has M access on normals...

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Hitonagashi wrote:
MattDakka wrote: My Mummy is not Loner, though. :D
You can either fail the Wild Animal roll or the dodge if your opponent has Tackle, and Loner makes rerolling hard, so my Mummy is better than your Minotaur for cagebreaking goodness of a classic X cage.
Your Minotaur's odds of making a successful cagebreak (assuming -3 tackle zone modifiers and no Tackle skill) are:
Wild Animal Blitz 2+ with Loner, Dodge 2+ with Dodge = 81.019 %
My Mummy's odds of making a successful cagebreak (assuming -3 tackle zone modifiers and no Tackle skill):
Dodge 3+ with Dodge skill
With or without team reroll = 88.889 %

Your Minotaur is better than my Mummy when there are 4+ tackle zones on the destination square, though.
His odds of making a successful cagebreak (assuming -4 tackle zone modifiers and no Tackle skill) are:
Wild Animal Blitz 2+ with Loner, Dodge 2+ with Dodge Without team reroll = 81.019 %
My Mummy's odds for the 4+ dodge with Dodge are 75% with or without reroll.
Think your numbers are slightly out :D.

There's 3 TZ in a standard X cage (2 sides, and the center ball carrier), so my Mino is going in on a 3+, and your Mummy on a 4+.
I added by mistake the Horns +1 ST modifier, that's the reason of the 2+ dodge. :oops:

Your Mino has ST 5 = AG 5 with Break Tackle
AG 5 means a basic roll of 2+, +1 dodge action modifier - 3 tackle zones (of the standard cage) = 4+, let's add 2 heads and the final roll is 3+.
My Mummy has ST 6 = AG 6 with Break Tackle = basic roll of 1 +, +1 dodge action modifier -3 tackle zones (of the standard cage) = 3+.
So, your Minotaur's odds are:
Wild Animal Blitz 2+
dodge 3+ with Dodge
Success percent without team reroll
74.074 %
Success percent With a team reroll
80.247 %
My Mummy's odds
dodge 3+ with Dodge with or without team reroll
88.889 %