Hi from Stroud

Moderator: TFF Mods

ravyn
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Hi from Stroud

Post by ravyn »

as to the painting you will get better with practice. my orc and human teams are eh.. but my latest team that i am painting (Scottlings http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.p ... n=scotling ) are looking a hundred times better than the first teams. so keep at it and have fun. Welcome to the wonderful world of Blood Bowl

Reason: ''
ImageApprentice Blasphemer - Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
outcast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by outcast »

Thanks ravyn and everyone for the warm welcome. I'm already loving being part of this great game... I just can't believe it existed for nearly 20 years (?) without me knowing!

I don't think I've ever enjoyed reading about and preparing for a game without *actually* having played it this much before :D

velvet mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by velvet mark »

outcasttex wrote:Well I like the look of the Amazons so thought I might try to pick them up next. I also quite fancy the Skaven but they're harder to play aren't they?

I've started painting my first Orc and judging by the pics in the painting section I've got a lot to learn!! :-?
Cool :D both are quite brittle but they can score fast. Skaven are my next project but ive only played against them, never with them.You can always practice with other teams on the cyanide PC game to get a feel for them.

Post some pics of your figs mate, its interesting to see what everybody is doing!

outcast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by outcast »

velvet mark wrote:Post some pics of your figs mate, its interesting to see what everybody is doing!
Thanks velvet mark, I will do. I think I'm almost done with the first couple of orcs so just need to get a decent photo and I'll post it up. I'm guessing that should be in the Miniatures section rather than here?

Cheers

"Good work ain't cheap. Cheap work ain't good." - Norman “Sailor Jerry” Collins
velvet mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by velvet mark »

outcasttex wrote:
velvet mark wrote:Post some pics of your figs mate, its interesting to see what everybody is doing!
Thanks velvet mark, I will do. I think I'm almost done with the first couple of orcs so just need to get a decent photo and I'll post it up. I'm guessing that should be in the Miniatures section rather than here?

Cheers
Its up to you, as long as you post!

Also - cant beat a bit of Sailor Jerry's, im a big fan :D

Cheers
Mark

outcast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by outcast »

Well, I've got a black orc blocker, an orc lino and a human lino all painted up and based and I'm really pleased with the result. I wasn't expecting much as I haven't painted a mini since my D&D days about 30 years ago!

I'm a slow painter so it's taking me a long time but I'm enjoying the process so much I don't mind. I'll try to post some pics soon to get some feedback.

Sailor Jerry is the man! I love that old skool tattoo art :)

"Good work ain't cheap. Cheap work ain't good." - Norman “Sailor Jerry” Collins