I'm hooked, but where do I get an orc team?

Moderator: TFF Mods

pat divers
Rookie
Rookie

I'm hooked, but where do I get an orc team?

Post by pat divers »

I've played my first couple of games of Blood Bowl (From a 40k background) and I'm completely hooked and looking to buy my own team.

The couple of games I played I've borrowed an Orc team from a friend and am now looking to buy my own.

The team I used is below and I'm now taking part in a mini league at my local gaming club.

1 Troll
2 Black Orc
3 Black Orc
4 Black Orc
5 Black Orc
6 Blitzer
7 Blitzer
8 Blitzer
9 Lineman
10 Lineman
11 Lineman
12 Lineman
13 Lineman

Apothecary
3 re-rolls
5 fan factor

The friend I'm borrowing it off made the list so I'm just going with it. Now my main question is what are the options for Orc team alternatives as I'm not a fan of the GW team?

Main criteria for them is lots of model variation and the Black Orcs look normal. Seen a few where the Black Orcs are really fat or have hooves.

Cheers guys

Reason: ''
Nod_Hero
Veteran
Veteran

Re: I'm hooked, but where do I get an orc team?

Post by Nod_Hero »

Welcome to your #NuffleAddiction !

Have you given this thread a look? Alternative minis for teams (by Race)

3DB minion, Twitter maniac, Tumblr fan - That's me!
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

ebay... 2nd ed minis look funny and not too many horns.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

Orcs are a nice team.

There are quite a few alternatives available. (link with sources posted by Nod_Hero)

Still though, one of the cheaper alternatives would be picking up a box of space orks and add the black orcs.

Personally I´d love to convert a team from the 2nd edition Ork Stormboyz (the ones in uniform)

Orks offer a lot of modelling potential. Still though, some of the best looking Bloodbowl Orks IMO are the 2nd edition metal GW Bloodbowl team

If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

e-bay is a good place to look for cheap models.

The 40K Ork boyz are good to make linemen and blitzers (and throwers too, I’d advise starting with one). You should be able to get some of these at low cost especially if you’re not too bothered about them already being assembled or painted.

GW does plastic black orcs and they are easy to convert with just a weapon snip. For the troll you can get them from a wide variety of sources.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Do not forget you need goblins too! 2-3 should be enough, unless you're CDO like me and need to have models 'full positionals' regardless of actually using them! :D :o :oops:

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Welcome aboard!

There are some great Orcs around - check out Greebo's or Necrom Studios' for some of the more 'football'y players.

As with other suggestions though, you could pick up some Space Orks cheap on flea bay and build your own. I've picked up some of these heads recently (http://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=114) and will be doing just that!

Goblins are optional, but in your shoes I'd definitely plan to buy four B.O.B.s, four blitzers, and one or two throwers, plus a troll as you've already taken one. After that, 3-4 linemen should be enough, and the 0-4 goblins if you fancy trying a couple out later in the league!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co