Returning BB player and power-gamer, apparently

Moderator: TFF Mods

The Dazzler
Experienced
Experienced

Returning BB player and power-gamer, apparently

Post by The Dazzler »

Hi. BB has always been my favourite game although i've dipped in and out over the years as i enjoy my historical gaming too.

2013 may be a BB year :D

I tend to play a team a year but looking at my teams it seems that i'm a power-gamer [not that i've won anything significant]

Dwarfs, Zons, Undead i've done well with in the past - naturally. Its just a question of turning up isn't it :wink:

Gobbos i used last time out and i have to say i really enjoyed. The Club's Wall of Shame if i beat anyone with the greenskins was a hoot

I also have Elves/DEs, Norse, Skaven, CDs, Necros, Humans [some teams double up of course]

I'm working on a Pact team although i could also be tempted to give Underworld a try. I always fancied doing an Orc team but never got round to it

So go on, what should i use and why?

"The player formerly known as The Dazzler" (i forgot my password)

PS i'm based in Derby; is there still a regular BB scene in Burton-onTrent?

Reason: ''
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: Returning BB player and power-gamer, apparently

Post by Heff »

Ogres...go on punish yourself

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
The Dazzler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by The Dazzler »

Heff wrote:Ogres...go on punish yourself
:lol: :lol:

If i could get enough of the GW BB Ogres on the cheap i might do that.

I quite fancy doing Vamps at some point with the old Strigoi models

I hear that the new Khorne team is very popular these days ... [lights blue touch-paper and stands back with fingers in ears]

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

there are a lot of really cool trolls/ogres on reapers site. My issue is without breaking the bank on snotlings I can't find a suitable figure for the little figures

The Dazzler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by The Dazzler »

Cheers, i'll have a look at that.

First game back this evening.

I'm using CDs v Orcs. A practice game for the Orc player who is going to the DobbyBowl [sadly i can't make it]

6 CDs
2 BCs
1 Mino
3 Hobs
Apoth
2 RR [plus 10 GPS] - i did think about losing a couple of the Hobs/Apoth and having a 3rd RR but decided on more players particularly against Orcs [i'm expecting the Troll, 4 x BOs and 4 x Blitzers etc with more Block than you can shake a stick at ...]

Mino/Block [double], CD/Guard, 1st BC/Block, 2nd BC BT&SH, Hob/SH

The Dazzler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by The Dazzler »

I poxed a 2v1 win. Scored in turn 1 of the game, thanks to a Blitz and our drawing a GRunner Dobby. Orcs came back with a good score again to his GRunner via a throw to a cheeky Gobbo and a handoff. I narrowly missed scoring at the end of the half when i fumbled with the GR open

Ground out a more typical 2nd half CD score. Could have camped all day on the sideline /EZ but i scored in turn 5 to make a game of it. Shut him out on his drive thanks to his Troll going Really Stupid on an all-important Blitz. Mind you, my Mino did something similar on his score.

Mino died in the 2nd half and the Apoth did didly squat! Mind you, it took 4 of his players :D

Not played for a good couple of years so very nice to get a game in.

Oh, and i bought an Ogre team incl Snots for £4 from the spares box. 6 of the WFB/GW Ogres all assembled and based (the weapons have even been snipped) and 10 well painted Snots which are mutlti-based and just need seperating. Result

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Check out
Portal Wargaming Club Blood Bowl League on FaceBlock...they are Burton based and have quite a few players involved.

"In Dodge We Trust"
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

DixonCider wrote:My issue is without breaking the bank on snotlings I can't find a suitable figure for the little figures
$26.00 for 10 of the guys.

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.p ... id=NE_IMPS

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
The Dazzler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by The Dazzler »

Pug wrote:Check out
Portal Wargaming Club Blood Bowl League on FaceBlock...they are Burton based and have quite a few players involved.

Thanks Pug

Waterbowl Weekender VIII - Stunty Cup Winner
NAF: (The) Dazzler