Hello from a new guy!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mr Black
Rookie
Rookie

Hello from a new guy!

Post by Mr Black »

Well I'm not new to Blood Bowl. My group has been playing on and off since second edition. But I'm new to this board, and the big wide BB world, and to any kind of Blood Bowl outside of our local little inbred crowd! :P

My group lives mainly in Victoria, British Columbia. Victoria just had a convention (Gottacon) that featured a small Blood Bowl tournament. I came in close to last, and yet somehow this has kindled a new desire to get heavily into Blood Bowl again. My next gaming goal is to make it over to the Vancouver area and play in the Spike! Magazine Blood Bowl Championship this year. (http://spiketournament.com/) Hopefully I can drag a few of my local players there too.

I also play the PC version of the game, but not as much as I would like to. Time is scarce these days with Wife, Kids, Job, Dog, House, Gaming, Life, etc.

Anyway - here's my New Guy question: Can anyone tell me what measurements they used for their 40mm range rulers? Or better yet, is anyone selling 40mm range rulers? I am drawing out a 40mm Pitch on felt and I may try and make a 40mm pitch out of pink foamboard in the near future. I would like to have a range ruler or two. This is the kind of accessory I would rather buy than make. I know I can use the chart to measure out the squares, but I like having the range ruler!

So glad to see Blood Bowl is alive and kicking out here. Even more than my other favourite old GW game - Warmaster!

Dale
:)

ps: I was mainly an Orc and Wood Elf player "back in the day". However, I'm trying Khemri for our local league this season. Fun so far! Must. Learn. Patience.

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Hello from a new guy!

Post by sann0638 »

Yikes, Khemri are hard for a new (re)starter - good luck!

Pretty sure Impact Miniatures do a 40mm range ruler.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

"In Dodge We Trust"
Mr Black
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr Black »

Thanks! I've seen the Impact site before. I found this item there:
http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.p ... id=TK_SSBR
... but I can't tell if it is for 40mm square pitches. Is there another listing that I'm not finding? :)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I don't believe it is (someone is welcome to correct me).

Contact these guys: http://www.thunderbowl.ca/ i know they have done 40mm range rulers in the past. PM generaljason, he may be able to help.

There are throwing charts around, that will at least show you the distances you can throw, and someone recently did a pdf with all the possible interception squares, but I can't recall which site I saw it posted on.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Casebolt
Experienced
Experienced

Hello from a new guy!

Post by Casebolt »

I bought 3 40mm range rulers from General Jason at Spike. Was glad to get em.

Mr Black
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr Black »

Thanks for the help guys.

PM sent to generaljason.

:)

Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

If you have access to an android device check out this new app for determining range and interception chances just by counting squares. no need for a ruler.

Got to Google Play and search for "BB Interception"

Matt AKA WildManTX (NAF) AKA Nuffle_Hate_Me

T.O. R.O.T. Cup - Austin, Texas USA
http://www.rotcuptx.com
Mr Black
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr Black »

Nuffle_Hate_Me wrote:If you have access to an android device check out this new app for determining range and interception chances just by counting squares. no need for a ruler.

Got to Google Play and search for "BB Interception"
Thanks, but I'm an apple iphone zombie for now. ;)

Got a sheet printed out to count squares in my games. May have a line on a couple rulers in the meantime. Otherwise its just a matter of me stopping being lazy and getting some thin plastic and doing some math.

Played a few more games with my Khemri. I'm 3/0/0 against Amazons, Humans, and Norse. Liking the drybones a lot so far! Just bought my second blitzer and I now have all positionals filled up.

Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

You can also try this hand interception PDF.

http://www.luccini.it/2013/regolamento/Intercetti.pdf

Matt AKA WildManTX (NAF) AKA Nuffle_Hate_Me

T.O. R.O.T. Cup - Austin, Texas USA
http://www.rotcuptx.com
Bakdal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bakdal »

Mr Black wrote: May have a line on a couple rulers in the meantime. Otherwise its just a matter of me stopping being lazy and getting some thin plastic and doing some math.
So Mr. Black did you end up getting some rulers or did you end up doing math?

Kind of hoping you ended up with the math so I can ask you for the calculations as I stink at math myself.

I was wondering if anyone who has one of these hard-to-find or homemade range rulers for 40mm squares considered scanning it in a pdf so the the math-challenged ones of us could use it for a template to make our own homemade ones?

Mr Black
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr Black »

Sorry, I'm lazy! :oops:

I've just been using the chart for now. I'm hoping to bug the guys at the Spike! Magazine tournament when I go there in September. Hopefully they will have one they can sell me. ;)